Jets DE John Abraham out for 4-6 weeks with sprained MCL | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets DE John Abraham out for 4-6 weeks with sprained MCL

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
The jury's in. Jets front office says 4 to 6 weeks.

Which in all likelihood means that it will take 10 weeks...since the Jets front office can never be trusted to give ACCURATE injury data.

But on the brightside Herm Edwards followed up by saying that generally John Abraham should come back from this injury "stronger, faster, smarter, meaner on the field yet kinder and gentler off the field, and more popular with the ladies since his ***** will double in size"

Herm Edwards later stated that the recovery from this knee injury will be the primary springboard for Abraham's successful 2004 Presidential Campaign.

Saw the play, he got cuaght in a pile up, had to be supported off the field.

Wonder if it means he'll miss the Dolphins game. Wouldn't be surprised if it was a torn MCL and the Jets are just calling it a sprain for sh!ts and giggles.

They are truly the walking wounded. Mawae's walking arount in just his jersey wearing a Lenox Hill knee brace, Jumbo is resting, Vinny is walking around with his hand bandaged up, Beasley was out, Cowart was out, Evans was out, it was pathetic. Their O-line is a bunch of scrubs right now except for Fabini and McKenzie and Fabini looks like he's a bit hindered due to the huge brace he's wearing on his left knee.

Not to mention the two shoulder injuries that Fabini's dealing with that the Jets still have yet to acknowledge in public

Well, it's either a sprain or a tear. If it's a tear, I imagine it'll longer then 6 weeks. We'll have to wait and see.

What are the jets fan's saying about it?

It's a grade 2 sprain. which means the ligament is partially torn. 4- 6 weeks, no surgery.

Yeah, and even if he makes it back in that time frame (perhaps, especially if he makes it back in that time frame), it's going to hinder him all year. Of course, just about every injury nags on throughout the year, but MCL will definitely have a lingering effect on the guy.

Like I said, sprained MCL, out 4-6 weeks. I said 10 weeks because its the Jets front office that said out 4-6 weeks and they said a sprain.

And they lie through their teeth about injuries. Still my favorite quote is from Herman Edwarda about how generally players come back from knee surgery stronger and faster than before.

It is pretty much the same injury that "Edge" had last season, and if you remember corectly he was lost for the year. A sprain is something very hard to comeback from(having sprained everything on my body in my days of high school sports) the hardest thing is getting the confidence to put alot of preasure on it. It is also tough because even though it may heal, it stays sore for at least a year, and the day after you put extreme preasure on it you are back to square with a lot of pain. I would be very surprised to see the JA that we saw last yeat at any point of this season. If he plays he will not be as menacing.

you hate to see injuries, but if there are any let them to be someone of the Jets :evil:

seriously, this injury could make our LT spot much less iffy. Is there another decent DE in the AFC East that does not wear aqua and orange ?

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Is McGinest still with the Pats or was he released?
he was re-signed, but he is always hurt seemedly

Back
Top Bottom