Jets focus attention on stopping Ricky | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets focus attention on stopping Ricky

That's a big "surprise" !! :D I thought they would key on our passing game instead!! :D

I said several times during the off season that we will see alot of 8 AND 9 in the box all year to stop Ricky. Why is this? because the whole league knows that Jay Fiedler will not beat them in the air. We saw alot of 9 in the box Sunday. Every time we had a 2 WR set, those safeties were cheating up big time and we will see alot of it from now on.

Just hope that Norv can scheme something to combat the 8 or 9 in the box.

You gotta keep the "D" honest!

Re: Re: Jets focus attention on stopping Ricky

Originally posted by DeDolfan

That's a big "surprise" !! :D I thought they would key on our passing game instead!! :D

I said several times during the off season that we will see alot of 8 AND 9 in the box all year to stop Ricky. Why is this? because the whole league knows that Jay Fiedler will not beat them in the air. We saw alot of 9 in the box Sunday. Every time we had a 2 WR set, those safeties were cheating up big time and we will see alot of it from now on.

Why wouldn't they? Even if they leave our WR's uncovered some of those WR's will simply drop a for sure completion.

Oliver...

I think McK will have a semi-big game against the Jets.

I'm actually hoping to see more of him.

If we see alot of 8 and 9 men fronts, Jay and Chris will have a field day. I expect us to connect on those passing plays that we missed against the Texans... Remember, the Texans game was the first game our starters played. So expect a much better performance by our Offense this time around..

Re: Re: Re: Jets focus attention on stopping Ricky

Originally posted by Oliver

Why wouldn't they? Even if they leave our WR's uncovered some of those WR's will simply drop a for sure completion.

Oliver...

That's just it. With 9 up, they just play man and dare us to beat them. sure, they know we'll get one once in awhile and they're betting that we won't get too many. Until we do, there's no need to change up much.

That's great. Chambers is gonna have a field day. If they stick em up in the box, it won't last long. I bet you CC and Ricky both have big days. I also expect to see McKnight have a solid day and get bumped into the starting line-up afterwards. Testerverde? We should be able to be HAPPY about indivisual performances this week, as we should have a W..

Originally posted by Capt. Dick
I also think we`ll see D. Thompson step up.

God I hope so, what a disapointment he was this last Sunday!

Oliver...

Don't ask me why he doesn't fight for the ball, nor does he know how to drag his feet. He better step it up, or else someone else(McKnight) will..

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
That's great. Chambers is gonna have a field day. If they stick em up in the box, it won't last long. I bet you CC and Ricky both have big days. I also expect to see McKnight have a solid day and get bumped into the starting line-up afterwards. Testerverde? We should be able to be HAPPY about indivisual performances this week, as we should have a W..

Agreed. Chambers over 100 yards again? Looks like it if the Jets focus on Ricky and If we do some playaction.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
Don't ask me why he doesn't fight for the ball, nor does he know how to drag his feet. He better step it up, or else someone else(McKnight) will..

Yah he drags his foot and strangely enough you'd see half the bitching that we are seeing right now. Even with all the mistakes and stupidity by the phins that play summed it all up. Despite all that if Thompson had dragged his foot it puts Mare in field goal range.

Back
Top Bottom