Jets Keep Getting Better | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets Keep Getting Better

Sorry but the Bills take the WR spot. Moulds is better then all of the Miami WR's put together. If you grab Cris Cancer, you will take over the top spot, but you have Chambers (who I think will be good) and castoffs from other teams. That's not enough. I also think you underestimate Larry Centers. Plus, we'll have to wait till the season is over to assess the QB's and O-Line

Eric Moulds is better then all of our WR's put together? Excuse me but Chris Chambers caught almost the same yardage (883 to Eric's 904), and two more TD's at 7.

And this was Chambers rookie year. Eric is no better then Chris, and with a running back like Williams for everyone to worry about, my bet is Chambers will only improve on those numbers.

Originally posted by dolfan87
Eric Moulds is better then all of our WR's put together? Excuse me but Chris Chambers caught almost the same yardage (883 to Eric's 904), and two more TD's at 7.

And this was Chambers rookie year. Eric is no better then Chris, and with a running back like Williams for everyone to worry about, my bet is Chambers will only improve on those numbers.

He was on a 3-13 team last year with Rob Johnson and Alex Van Pelt as his QB’s. Go ask the 32 GM’s in the NFL, if they would rather have Moulds or Chambers. My guess 32-0.

Agreed, right now Moulds is probobly a top 5 WR in the league, very underrated. Chambers may get to his level, but right now isn't close.

You can look at the numbers, but Moulds was double teamed ALL YEAR and Chambers saw a scattered double team down the stretch.

Bills are no doormat

Taking a good look at the 4 teams in the AFC East, I don't see a pushover. The Bills have a few more holes than the other three, but they've done a lot to improve their offense and they have an easier schedule. A lot of people forget how good Bledsoe is. His last few seasons with NE were a struggle b/c they had one of the worst O-lines in the league, not to mention no RB. Buffalo did a lot to improve their line (drafting M. Williams and signing Teague). With time to throw and guys like Moulds, Price, Centers, etc. to throw to, I think Bledsoe could be a pro bowler again. Also, I think Buffalo's two young RBs will be better this season behind the improved O-line. Give Bledsoe a year to gel with his new teammates and give the front office another offseason to bolster the D-line, and Buffalo could be the team to beat in 2003.

As for 2002, I really don't sweat the Jets. I don't care if they get Warren Sapp and Ray Lewis tomorrow, Captain Overthrow (Testeverde) and the Smurf Village (Chrebet, Moss, et al) will account for enough turnovers to nullify any defense. Also, don't discount the importance of chemistry. The core players on Miami's defense have been together for 4 years now. Meanwhile the Jets' D will likely include 7 or 8 new starters including 2 rookies, at least 6 free agents and a young, unproven player switching positions (Ellis).

As for NE, they lost some depth, have a tougher schedule and just simply cannont repeat the four leaf clover cinderella season they just had. Their QB is inexperienced, their receivers are short and they only have one good CB which can be dangerous for a team that relies on the blitz so much.

I like Miami's chances a lot. The team looks good from top to bottom, including depth at most positions. My concern is the O-line. Of the 11 guys competing for 9 O-line spots, 4 (Searcy, Dixon, Smith, Spriggs) are coming off serious injuries, 2 (Ruddy, Perry) are coming off disappointing seasons, 1 hasn't played b/c of a weight problem (Nails), 1 is a rookie (McKinney) and 2 are unproven (Andrews, Cesario). Only RT (Wade) is a sure thing. If enough guys can stay healthy and the coaching staff can find the right O-line combination, I think the Dolphins will not only win the division but could seriously compete for the Super Bowl. I dont' think there's a single team in the whole AFC that we don't match up favorably with, however I really hope that if we're still playing at the end of January that the Rams aren't the team on the other side of the field. They made us look like a college team last season.

no dobut we are now the most well rounded team in the AFC East, but not by enough to guarantee squat. We'll have to wait til the reg. season to see, but we sure as hell better win that 1st Jets game :D

Originally posted by Billsfan

He was on a 3-13 team last year with Rob Johnson and Alex Van Pelt as his QB’s. Go ask the 32 GM’s in the NFL, if they would rather have Moulds or Chambers. My guess 32-0.

Well, we will just have to come back to this discussion at the end of this year and see who has the better numbers.

Moulds is a good player, but I really don't think he is as good as he is hyped up to be.

This has nothing to do with how I feel about the Bills. My gut tells me they will be #2 in the division, and fighting for a playoff berth...I just don't think Moulds is "All That"

my opinion...:D

i really don't think anybody knows.........

what the bills have got, now that rob johnson is gone. if drew can get back into his old groove, watchout!:(

QB: Miami (I don't like Fiedler, but he is a little better than Bledsoe, and way better than Brady and Vinny)
RB: Jets (Martin is a little better than Ricky, although I hope Ricky changes that)
FB: Dolphins (Konrad will be just as good as Anderson this year, and Dyer is a good backup)
OL: Jets (still the best in the division at this)
WR: Dolphins (The Bills only have Moulds and a rookie who won't do well till his second year. Miami has a lot of depth at WR)
DE: Dolphins (Taylor is a little better than Abraham all around, but Gardener will be better than Thomas or Ellis or whoever the Jets have at DE.)
DT: Dolphins (two good ones)
LB: Dolphins (say what you want, Greenwood, Rodgers, and Thomas are all capable. Bills and Jets a close second)
CB: Dolphins (duh)
S: Tie between Dolphins and Patriots
K: Dolphins
P: ???

We may have capable LBs, but to say that we have better LBs than the Jets is just a Homeristic view....u have to be realistic. Marvin Jones, Mo Lewis, and Sam Cowart would all be starters on our team, only Zach would be able to keep his job here.

Originally posted by Billsfan
My guess 32-0.

Heh and this is why I can't take half of what you say seriously. It would be more like 50/50 considering A) The league likes youth. B) He costs much less and C) Has the ability to be a Pro Bowler for years to come.

As for the "rest of them put together" bit. McKnight was Dallas' #1 reciever the season we signed him. Ward was the Jets #2 reciever and Orende was our #1. With Turner at the helm your Bills D better be praying. If we put up 30+ pts with Chan running the show then whatcha going to do when Turner twists his offensive minds around you!

four different teams have won afc east in the last 4 years:
98- jets
99- colts
00- fins
01- pats

that tells me all i need to know about the toughness of this division

Ya, a lot of people expected this division to greatly fall off after all the great coaches left it, but it is still tough as nails. 4-2 would be a very good divisional record to have, in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom