Jets lose Josh Evans indefinately | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets lose Josh Evans indefinately

Originally posted by MOULDSROCKS
Bwahahahahahaha! Where da jets fans at? They were telling us at BBI how their DL was gonna be called "Death Row 2003" and crap.
they should know betta than that after the lackluster performance of last year's #1 pick at DE - B Thomas :lol:

I'm as big a Dolphin fan as anyone, but if Evans didn't do any drugs then its a pretty raw deal for him. You only get so many years in the NFL and to miss another year . . . that's tough for him and his family.

I'd rather beat the Jets with all their players.

On the other hand, if he was dumb enough to take drugs . . .

Its not a raw deal. His fate was established far before now when he did so much weed that he got suspended for the first 4 games of 1999, and then when he did yet more weed and got suspended for the entire 2000 season. Then he failed to submit a test and faced suspension yet again, but he won his appeal. This time he did it yet again, and it was really just the last straw. He failed to submit a test. Sorry, but I'm not feeling sorry for the guy. He's got millions of dollars sitting right in front of him for playing a game that millions of people would love to get paid for but weren't necessarily born with the god-given talent he had, and he blows it because he keeps smoking weed, then blows it further by not staying on top of the stuff that he absolutely, positively MUST stay on top of to continue on in this league.

Bye bye Joshy. Don't let the door slap you in the @ss on the way out.

And its pretty much official now, I think pretty much every significant offseason acquisition by the Jets is a direct result of losing someone. How much you wanna bet the Jets knew right before the draft that Evans was in drug trouble again and thats why they moved up and took a DT rather than the speculation that they'd get a WR to replace Coles?

Lose Evans, replace with Robertson
Lose Randy Thomas, replace with Tom Nutten
Lose Laveraneous Coles, replace with Curtis Conway
Lose John Hall, replace with...crap I forget who, maybe Hollis...
Lose Chad Morton, replace with....(crickets chirping)...
They lost Richie Anderson too, I dont know who they signed...

The Jets lost Anderson, but instead of looking for a better replacement, they decided to stick with Jerald Sowell. The man is not even half the player Anderson is.

When I look at the players the Jets have lost compared to the players they've gained, I just feel they have a good chance of finishing last in the division this year. The Bills got better, the Patriots got better, and we got better. Take a look at the list of gains/losses for Miami and after you see it, it's just hard to picture Miami not winning this year. We didn't lose a single starter except Derrick Rodgers.

Player signed Player lost
OL Mark Dixon (re-signed) WR Dedric Ward (Patriots)
FB Rob Konrad (re-signed) LB Twan Russell (Falcons)
S Trent Gamble (re-signed) OG Jim Bundren (released)
P Mark Royals (re-signed) OG James Wagstaff (released)
WR Derrius Thompson (Redskins) WR Joey Getherall (released)
CB Terrell Buckley (Patriots) CB Ray Green (Giants)
TE Marco Battaglia (Steelers) WR Albert Johnson (Jets)
DT Jeff Zgonina (Rams) TE Desmond Clark (Bears)
RB Robert Edwards (re-signed) TE Jed Weaver (49ers)
KR Charlie Rogers (Bills) OT David Sherrod (released)
S Shawn Wooden (released) DT Jermaine Haley (Redskins)
S Sammy Knight (Saints) QB Ray Lucas (released)
QB Brian Griese (Broncos) OT Marcus Spriggs (Packers)
FS Arturo Freeman (re-signed)
WR Oronde Gadsden (re-signed)

Acquired via trade Players traded
LB Junior Seau (Chargers) 2004 conditional draft choice
2004 7th round draft choice (Saints) LB Derrick Rodgers

And this doesn't even include our draft picks. It's just amazing the player we picked up compared to the ones we lost. This isn't biased talking because most of you know I'm not biased, but when you look at the gains/losses, we've possibly had one of the best if not the best off-season compared to every other team.

Robertson is going to be really good, i hope not, but he probibly will.

yeah but first he has to put his signature under the dotted line and what i read so far, they are not even close on a deal :lol:

Yes! Eddie Moore is a superstar... WTF is Greenwood doing starting then?

sorry, just noticed the sig.... is that a joke?

Where does Josh Evans score his weed, from that former Cardinals FB or Nate Newton lol

One less Jet fat-@$$ to worry about, now we have a backup going against ricky....hooray!

What is wrong with these football players? Some people only dream about playing for the nfl. To screw up the chance is insane guilty or not. I guess Cowart, Lewis, and Jones will have to work harder to stop Mr. Williams from reaching the endzone all day. Poor Jets! (yeah right)

Back
Top Bottom