Jets New Stadium=fiasco | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets New Stadium=fiasco

JAKE91

Practice Squad
Reaction score
:lol: THE PROPOSED STADIUM IN MANHATTAN IS GOING TO BE A TOTAL DISASTER FOR THE JERSEY JERK FANS.

22,000 CARS PARK AT THE MEADOWLANDS FOR A JERSEY JETS GAME. WHERE DO THEY PLAN ON PARKING ALL THOSE CARS IN THE CITY?

NO MORE TAILGATING FOR THOSE BUMS:lol:
ON GAME DAY, IT WILL BE TOTAL CHAOS IN NYC. GOOD. IT COULD NOT HAPPEN TO A BETTER BUNCH OF "FANS":lol:

:jetssuck: :jetssuck: :jetssuck: :jetssuck: :jetssuck:

Our new Stadium is going to be the best in the league(until the next new Stadfium comes around and tops it:D ). I have been to every Jet home game since 1990 and I couldn't care less about tailgating, I do it b/c it passes the time until the game. Now w/ the new City Stadium I don't have to worry about parking, I can just take the train to the game. Let's see- Brand new state of the art Stadium that is our own and no traffic to worry about. Sounds like a great idea to me. I can't wait!

GOOD. IT COULD NOT HAPPEN TO A BETTER BUNCH OF "FANS"

Thank you. I take that as a compliment since most Jet fans want the new Stadium so we are getting what we want and I thank you for seeing that we deserve it.

The new Jets stadium is going to be a mess. People drive to games, and people tailgate. This stadium will cause a lot of traffic and the fans won't be able to tailgate. I think this stadium is a terrible idea. Also, doesn't it have less seats than Giants Stadium?

The Meadowlands holds close to 80,000 and the New Stadium is supposed to hold over 80,000. It won't be a mess, people either won't tailgate or if they do they'll tailgate in another location and take mass transit into the games. I went to the Jets-Saints game in New Orleans in '01 and they don't have tailgate room either, they have all sorts of activities and tents and bars and such all around and it was a great time and I didn't have to worry about driving home. I love the idea and can't wait. Tailgaiting is overrated, I go for the football not to eat and drink.

People will be driving to games, but NOT driving into Manhattan. There will be no place to park in Manhattan, so you will have to taligate before you get on public transportation. I heard they are gonna try and offer a ferry from the Jersey side to the west side complex so that you can party there before getting on the ferry.

I love it since I will be 100x more likely to go to game since I can take the an hour train ride and not dea w/nitemare traffic

It's still in the early stages but I have heard rumblings that there will be ferry's in NJ where people can tailgate in NJ then hop the ferry to the game.

I still think the idea is stupid. Ferry rides from Jersey to the stadium? Come on. That's going to be a lot of ferries. I still think the idea of having a stadium with no parking is stupid. People drive to games now and I doubt most of those people would rather take public transportation. The Jets are just trying to build a stadium in Manhattan because they think that it will improve their reputation and give them more fans or something. The football fans in this area tend to be in New Jersey and Long Island, not Manhattan. I don't think that the Jets are going to get more fans by moving to Manhattan, instead I think it will just create an inconvenience for their current fans. Most Jets season ticket holders come from Long Island and New Jersey and I doubt that will change.

The link you gave says that 25% of Jets season ticket holders are from NYC. How many of those do you think are from Manhattan, I would guess that under 10% of season ticket holders are from there. I think this creates a convenience for them and an inconvenience for everyone else. Public transportation is not as convenient as driving your car and tailgating on the other side of the river is just dumb.

If you think that most of the fans come from NJ & LI then Manhattan is the perfect place b/c it is centrally located. I don't live on LI but I know it is an absolute nightmare to gte to and from jet games in the Meadowlands and it would be almost as abd if we moved back to Queens for the NJ fans. We also have fans coming from north in Westchester, Rockland and CT and the Stadium would be centrally located for all. If people want to drive they can, there are a million parking garages in the City, they can use one on the other side of town and hop in a Subway and be at the Stadium.

C'MON JUNC, GET REAL

Originally posted by nyjunc
Our new Stadium is going to be the best in the league(until the next new Stadfium comes around and tops it:D ). I have been to every Jet home game since 1990 and I couldn't care less about tailgating, I do it b/c it passes the time until the game. Now w/ the new City Stadium I don't have to worry about parking, I can just take the train to the game. Let's see- Brand new state of the art Stadium that is our own and no traffic to worry about. Sounds like a great idea to me. I can't wait!

Thank you. I take that as a compliment since most Jet fans want the new Stadium so we are getting what we want and I thank you for seeing that we deserve it.

WHAT FOOTBALL FANS DON'T DRIVE TO A GAME?
FERRYS FROM JERSEY? WHAT? JETS FANS ARE GONNA GET SHEETFACED ACROSS THE RIVER AND THEN STAND IN LINE TO BOARD A RIVER FERRY? BOTH WAYS? YEAH, RIGHT!
90,000 FANS CONVERGING TO A CENTRAL NYC SITE AT ONCE, ON MASS TRANSIT? WITH MOST OF THEM ALREADY LOADED. GOOD LUCK, SPORT.

EVERYONE KNOWS THE ONLY REASON THE CITY AND STATE ARE BACKING THIS PROJECT IS TO EXPAND THE JAVITS CONVENTION CENTER AND HAVE A HUGE CONVENTION SITE FOR OTHER EVENTS.

DO YOU ACTUALLY BELIEVE THEY ARE DROPPING OVER $1.4 BILLION BEACAUSE THE JETS WANT A NEW STADIUM?

I CAN UNDERSTAND YOUR RATIONALIZING THOUGH, FOR THE BETTER, HAVING FOLLOWED SUCH A CHEAP,SECOND RATE FRANCHISE:rolleyes:

:jetssuck: :jetssuck: :jetssuck:

Oh boy, one of you guys:o I don't know why I'll resond to you again but I will. There WILL be parking it will just be limited, people will take MASS TRANSIT which will be better for the fans. NO MORE DRUNK DRIVERS or traffic to deal w/ after games. Don't be jealous b/c we will have a barnd new state of the art Stadium in the Capital of the World, you guys have a beautiful Stadium as well so there's no need to be jealous.

Of course the City wouldn't have backed it if it didn't have an agenda. They are dropping the $ b/c it will make them more $, I don't see what the issue is there.

No one takes mass transit to football games and I doubt that will change. You guys will find out soon enough. As I said before, building a stadium without parking is illogical.

Just because Manhattan is "centrally located" doesn't mean that its a good idea to have a football stadium there. You need a lot of space for a football stadium, and Manhattan just doesn't have that.

Last edited by a moderator:
No one takes mass transit NOW b/c most stadiums have alot of parking, how do you know people won't take the trains to the games? I know I will be and will be thrilled to do so. Again it's not like there will be no spots, there will be limited parking at the Stadium and their are a billion lots all over the City if people want to drive.

Am I correct in my understanding that they're going to build a 80,000 seat retractable roof stadium on a platform above a working railyard and transportation hub? Gee, that sounds REALLY safe to me.

:smackhead :smackhead :smackhead

Originally posted by nyjunc

The jets will get a new stadium the year the Red Sox win a
Championship...:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom