Jets New Stadium=fiasco | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets New Stadium=fiasco

iceblizzard69 said:
The new Jets stadium is going to be a mess. People drive to games, and people tailgate. This stadium will cause a lot of traffic and the fans won't be able to tailgate. I think this stadium is a terrible idea. Also, doesn't it have less seats than Giants Stadium?

There is allready traffic!!!

looks like the Jets may build the stadium in Qeens instead of NYC... stay tuned no matter what it will be great to see the Jets get thier own home...

nyrican said:
looks like the Jets may build the stadium in Qeens instead of NYC... stay tuned no matter what it will be great to see the Jets get thier own home...

What makes it look like that? B/c some Queens politician is grandstanding? It will not be in Queens, it will be in Manhattan and if for some odd reason it doesn't go through in Manhattan I think they will stay in NJ and build a new Stadium w/ the Giants.

to me queens maks more sense the fans will be able to tailgate, the seven line is there already, and fans will be able to find parking as well.. and it won't cost as much this should ease the burden on the taxpayers in ny...

nyrican said:
to me queens maks more sense the fans will be able to tailgate, the seven line is there already, and fans will be able to find parking as well.. and it won't cost as much this should ease the burden on the taxpayers in ny...

Honestly I don't care as long as we get a new Stadium but I'd prefer the Manhattan Stadium so I can take the train to the game and never have to worry about sitting in traffic again. Tailgating is ok but all I care about is the game so if ther wasn't tailgating I wouldn't mind.

tailgating to me is the most important event before an y game in the nfl, i h ave met some nice people here in South Florida as well in NY when I go to see games there as well

Don't tell that the folks over at 16 H that... to me tailgating is very important.. Good Luck to our J-E-T-S this year..

I live in New York and if you don't think that the stadium will create ta gigantic traffic mess than you are in denial. Basically all of my friends are Jet fans, and althought they want their own stadium, they realize that it will pose too many problems and would like to see the plan scrapped

NYFinFan27 said:
I live in New York and if you don't think that the stadium will create ta gigantic traffic mess than you are in denial. Basically all of my friends are Jet fans, and althought they want their own stadium, they realize that it will pose too many problems and would like to see the plan scrapped

There's always traffic, there's ridiculous traffic gettingout of the Meadowlands. There will be no traffic for myself b/c i will be taking the Subway and w/ no or limited tailgating most peopl should use mass transit even if they don't live in NYC. They can take Metro North to the City then take the Subway if they live in Westchester or CT, take the PATH to NYC if they live in NJ or LIRR from LI. If people do that traffic won't be much worse than usual.

NYC is constantly in & out of budget crisises. NYC schools and transportation infrastructure could use improvements. But spending $600 million in taxpayer dollars for a football stadium is just an inefficient use of funds. Public sector money should be focused on public sector projects.

Plus, a Manhattan football stadium is a traffic catastrophe on those 8 Sundays every year. The only way to drive in/out of Manhattan is through chokepoints.. bridges & tunnels. This is a permanent, long term disaster for Manhattan. Manhattan bridge & tunnel traffic is bad enough. A West Side football stadium will only make it worse.

Fact is, people drive en masse to all NFL games. This isn't like a Jacob Javits Center, where people fly in from out of town and stay at Manhattan hotels. For an NFL game at a West Side stadium, this mass car traffic is all jammed in the same 3 hour time window, forced through the busiest part of the region (Manhattan), and forced to go through chokepoints (bridges & tunnels).

The Meadowlands/Giants stadium rail link will be done by 2007. So if the Jets don't want a stadium in Queens, then the current NJ Meadowlands/Giants location will work just fine.. but without a traffic apocalypse in the middle of the city. Spending $600 million in taxpayer dollars on a Manhattan stadium is bad idea, and it's opposed by most NYC residents.

By a 60 percent to 33 percent margin, New York City voters oppose using their tax dollars to build a $1.4-billion stadium for the Jets and the 2012 Olympics.
http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/new...82apr02,0,4917585.story?coll=nyc-nynews-print

New York City voters oppose 60 -- 33 percent using tax dollars to help build a new stadium for the Jets football team and for the 2012 Olympics on Manhattan's West Side.
http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x10752.xml

The Quinnipiac University survey released yesterday shows 60% of New Yorkers oppose using public money on the Jets' West Side stadium project, with only 33% in favor.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/local/story/179790p-156277c.html

Back
Top Bottom