Jets O looked good | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets O looked good

As everyone said this is preseason..Simple Defenses and Offenses..Miami went 1-3 last year in the preseason..no one scheme for these games and the vets don't play the whole game..Pit could have been behind in TC prep at this time and tired..While I hope the Phins look good Mon..I'm not worried about them because of previous pre seasons..

I'd agree with you but nobody's really paying attention to the final score in these games. They are paying attention to how the first teams look against each other, as well as the talent of some of their backups that could contribute. Preseason games tell a lot more than you think, if you actually WATCH them. But if you're just tryin to read a report about it, seeing stats, seeing scores, etc...its not gonna tell you crap.

pre-season................

actually, in pre season, you can't gauge much by the first teams play either. there is no game plan for the pre season, like they would if it was regular season and meant something. it's just line up and read and react, or work on the long ball, or counter trey or whatever. plus, the starters already have ther jobs for the most part and there just going through the motions.

CASE IN POINT: buffalo was the worst pre season team ever under marv leavy. they would go 1-3 or 0-4 every year and you would hear people going well, buffalo is finally over. then they would go to the superbowl.

THE JETS OFFENSE looked like the jets offense. but vinny will let them down this year, just like last year and it will be to late before they realize it and make a change. santana moss wasn't all that scarry to me. i wouldn't trade chambers for him. laverneous coles looked pretty damn good, albeit pre season!

THE JET DEFENSE LOOKS LIKE A HUNK OF SWISS CHEESE! they couldn't defend the pass to save ther souls last night! hopefully that is how it wil be in the real season. could there defense be all john abraham? teams that rely on one player fail.

"america is a week country full of hollywood pretty boys who's only concerne is the next party or there stock portfolios. they are an immoral people, without convictions and have no back bone. they do not posess the intestinal fortitude to sustain a war against us, and that is why victory will be ours".................

osama bin laden

I thought their pass blocking was excellent. The Jets run blocking wasn't that good.

CASE IN POINT: buffalo was the worst pre season team ever under marv leavy. they would go 1-3 or 0-4 every year and you would hear people going well, buffalo is finally over. then they would go to the superbowl.

Which is kind of why I said not to get caught up in the final score, or statistics of a preseason game, however the game itself if you watch it CAN tell you a lot about the talent of your team, as well as how some guys are reacting to schematic changes.

Anybody see the huge hole that Bettis had when the Steelers were inside the 10 the 1st time against the Jets. There was a hole to the left you could drive a truck through, instead Bettis ran smack into the LT and DE.

I don't even know

Why you still talk about how we are going to play the Jets....

No matter how we play the Jets we still lose....

Those are the two games I write off as losses every year...

Yeah but the only really spooky win was this year where everything seemed to go wrong for us. Every other time we just didn't play well and they did.

Dude where'd you get that Dreadnaught poster thats an awesome nickname for Ricky.

Thanks man. Glad you like it. I took a photo from the Spawn toys site and put the type in myself in photoshop! I thought that was an appropriate name for him!

Re: I don't even know

Originally posted by dolfan201
Why you still talk about how we are going to play the Jets....

No matter how we play the Jets we still lose....

Those are the two games I write off as losses every year...
:lastyr: if that is the case, you may as well write off the season. If we lose 9/22, I would pretty much throw away any SB chances, but that's me - someone whose #2 passion in Sports is hating the Jets, albeit a distinct 2nd to loving the Phins :hitself:

Back
Top Bottom