Jets Passing On Terrell Owens | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets Passing On Terrell Owens

RUDEbyallMEANS

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
No T.O For Jets

This is good news without a doubt. I'm glad Owens will not be a Jet because he is a freak of nature at WR, but either way, looks as if the Jets will get a "possible" T.O in the draft whether it be Roy Williams or Mike Williams. I'm pretty sure one of the top 3 WR's will fall to them and they will more than likely bite on it.

Another interesting note on the article is that "as of last week," the Jets are $1.3 million under the cap and gained another $2.6 million after Szott retired and the release of Beasley.

That would make them $3.9 million under the cap.

They are not close to being at the same level as Miami.

Miami is 10 million under.

Clump, what are the cap positions of the AFC East teams??

Miami is not presently $10 million. Add Feeley and Freeman and the amount for the tenders and they are closer to $3-4 million under.

Try www.patsfans.com/miguel for the Pats situation

I would defer to the above Jets situation. I'm starting a Jets cap spreadsheet but I don't have enough info yet. It usually takes a full season to really get a handle on a team's cap situation.

Bills will have about $7 million entering FA, that amount includes tenders. Bills can add $1.6 million with the release of Ruben Brown

T.O will stay in SF next year IMO. Garcia was his problem and it looks like he'll have a different role next year.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Miami is not presently $10 million. Add Feeley and Freeman and the amount for the tenders and they are closer to $3-4 million under.

Try www.patsfans.com/miguel for the Pats situation

I would defer to the above Jets situation. I'm starting a Jets cap spreadsheet but I don't have enough info yet. It usually takes a full season to really get a handle on a team's cap situation.

Bills will have about $7 million entering FA, that amount includes tenders. Bills can add $1.6 million with the release of Ruben Brown

At the present moment, Miami is around 10 mill under and the Jets are 3.9 mill under. Not counting future acquisitions or resigning players and all that stuff because both teams have not done that yet and won't until March 4th.

I believe the Jets would be able to shave some off by releasing Lewis and one of their other LB's but not sure how much. Do you know??

I was hoping the Jets would sign TO. He is overrated and will cost too much. And it would make one more draft WR available for Miami.

Originally posted by rafael
I was hoping the Jets would sign TO. He is overrated and will cost too much. And it would make one more draft WR available for Miami.

OMG you cant be serious, we would have to face the aggravating TO 2x a year, i dont think so

What surprises me is how sorry the Jets are and they are in worse condition than Miami cap wise.

The Bills are sorry, but they have good cap room. So it makes sense.

The Jets are out there.

i read on dolphin digest.com that we had already restructured zach thomas, tim bowens, derrius thompson, and david bowens. it also said we were going to ask jason taylor and sam madison to restructure along with someone else i cant remember but we would have to be at least 10 mil under by now.after jt and sam we should have some more room. not to mention the release of ruddy,mcknight,and perry.

Originally posted by TerryTate

OMG you cant be serious, we would have to face the aggravating TO 2x a year, i dont think so

Did you actually watch TOs games last year or just the highlights? SF's offense improved when TO got hurt last year, (Point output increased) b/c they got rid of TOs drops and the plays where he just didn't try.

Originally posted by rafael

Did you actually watch TOs games last year or just the highlights? SF's offense improved when TO got hurt last year, (Point output increased) b/c they got rid of TOs drops and the plays where he just didn't try.

IMO.. Terrell Owens would be a bigger threat with Pennington than he was with Garcia.

Back
Top Bottom