JETS Playoff Appearance is Deceiving... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JETS Playoff Appearance is Deceiving...

dolfan4good

Section 451 Row 10 Seats 14-15
Reaction score
After a little research I found that the JETS reaaly did not have that great a season but actually had a VERY easy schedule. Check out the stats....

They only beat 3 teams with winning records in 16 games (Chargers, Bills and Seahawks) and 2 of those wins came early in the season when the Chargers and Bills were not playing well at all. Those two games were won by 10 total points....

The combined records of the 10 teams they beat was 65-95.

The combined records of the 6 teams they lost to was 69-27.

They also went 1-3 during the last 43 weeks of the season.

My guess is that they have an early departure from the playoffs.

I don't think so..... the Chargers are not the same team that they played in September...

My tv's don't get the jets games. When I try to put on one the channel changes. Not sure how it does that!

What is funny is that of all the playoff teams our shced was most difficult, our opponents had the highest winning % of any playoff teams.

2 of those wins came early in the season when the Chargers and Bills were not playing well at all. Those two games were won by 10 total points....

Why weren't the Chargers playing well? they were 1-0 and this was their only loss at home, I think b/c most folks expected them to stink they think they were bad early in the year when in fact they were not. By the way, the final score was deceiving, we dominate dthem and were up 27-7 late in the 3rd qtr before we put it in cruise control then they scored a few garbage time TDs including in the last 10 seconds(like you guys did against us on MNF).

You play the schedule your dealt. Cant knock the Jets for taking advantage of an easy schedule. More power to them!

I agree you play the schedule you are dealt, that being said I think even the Jets fans know they are a longshot to go a long way.

You guys can make fun of the sched all you want but all the AFC East teams basically played the same scheds and the Jets did play 5 games against division Champions(4 teams w/ NE twice) and beat 2 of the 4 div champions they played and out. I doubt many other teams played that many different div champions and considering 5 is the most you could play in a given year 4 is pretty diffiuclt.

You what is funny everyone says who have the Jets beaten, Who have the Chargers beaten? They have a easy schedule too but no one is saying anything.

smallguy said:
You what is funny everyone says who have the Jets beaten, Who have the Chargers beaten? They have a easy schedule too but no one is saying anything.

That's true and what is really funny is of all the playoff teams we had the toughest sched.

The Jets beat the colts?? I guess that is pretty good. They need to figure out how to beat the Patriots though to ever have a chance.

Wait you couldn't have played the colts, i completely forgot the NFC division champions you must have been talking about, the NFC sucks so you can't really count beating any of those teams, unless it's philly and I know it wasn't.

The Chargers beat 9 losing teams too...you play who you have on your schedule.

I don't care if the Jets had an easy schedule. They deserved it due to their mediocrity last year.
They beat the teams they had to beat and couldn't beat the contenders.
Even if the Jets are to beat the Bolts, NE/Pitt is up next and nothing leads me to think that a Paul Hackett led O can put up points on the board against those 2 monster D's.

Yeah, the Jets deserve to go to the playoffs because they played the schedule they were given and did enough to get in but I agree, they always laid eggs against the real contenders. All the Jets proved this year was that they were better then crappy teams but two notches below the real teams. I could see them pulling one off against the Chargers but other then that, I see a playoff exit!

Back
Top Bottom