Jets sign Teague | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets sign Teague

Marino1983 said:
And spends MORE time on the IR list than Johnny Mitchell, J L Jones B Thomas, W Walker, etc. etc. collectively did!
:goof:
Marino1983

Considering Dante isn't coming off a fresh set of legs, you might want to wait to see if he can actually play again before counting your playoff appearances.

BZ

BwanaZulia said:
Considering Dante isn't coming off a fresh set of legs, you might want to wait to see if he can actually play again before counting your playoff appearances.

BZ
:spit:
Show me where I stated ANYthing about the playoffs!

And at this point I think that Culpepper has a hell of alot better chance of being on a playoff team then YOUR boy Pennington has!

Marino1983

Marino1983 said:
:spit:
Show me where I stated ANYthing about the playoff!

And at this point I think that Culpeeper has a hell of alot better chance of being on a playoff team then YOUR boy Pennington has!

Marino1983

Maybe if he gets hurt and traded to the Jets to back up Bollinger..

:)

BZ

BwanaZulia said:
The guy who has a better QB rating in the playoffs than Dante, that is who.

BZ

Sorry BZ, but Daurte's QB rating in the PS is better than Chad's...

DC 94.3 to Chad's 90.5...:wink:

Marino1983 said:
One thing that I will say for he jest, at least they didn't try to bring in a guy from their past that was successful and pigeon hole him into a f-o position that he is totally freakin clueless about!!

Your billy's problems start and end from the old-school decisions good ole ralphy wilson continues to make...
:wave:

Marino1983

Clueless? Hardly... Marv coached a lot of college ball, at New Mexico, Cal, William and Mary, etc which involves recruiting talent. He was GM of the CFL Alouettes before being hired in Buffalo in 86, and when he was coach there previously, had a major say in who was on the team. In KC he had final say on roster decisions, and in Buffalo he and Polian came to a decision together... so now who is the one who is clueless?

HiOctaneBills said:
Clueless? Hardly... Marv coached a lot of college ball, at New Mexico, Cal, William and Mary, etc which involves recruiting talent. He was GM of the CFL Alouettes before being hired in Buffalo in 86, and when he was coach there previously, had a major say in who was on the team. In KC he had final say on roster decisions, and in Buffalo he and Polian came to a decision together... so now who is the one who is clueless?
Let's see, even if what you type about merv is true how can an 81 year old man handle and keep up with the rigor's and expectations on being an NFL GM in this day and age??

Hey I liked merv as a h-c,, until he ended up in goat-ville that is! Hell being a h-c in this league is demanding beyond belief and it is only going to get worse... But the pressures of building a team, h-c, staff, (f-o and coaching) and then being expected to have a winning and competative team built in 2 years at the very least, in the playoffs by year 3,,, that is a hell of alot of expectation's and pressure...

And I do not care about how great of shape merv is in, the bottom line is that he IS too old to be working in a position that calls for a person 20, 30, even 40 years his junior!
:lol2:

Marino1983

HiOctaneBills said:

But the simple fact is that the guy is older than dirt and when he walks, his balls drag on the ground!

Yeah he's old, but he's probably in better shape than my 24 yr old rear end. e runs like 3 miles a few times a week and works out still. And he still has Tom Modrak to help him out as Asst. GM.

Marv could very well fail, he could be successful... I dont know. But I do know that he has done it before and done it well for the most part, so we'll see...

HiOctaneBills said:
Yeah he's old, but he's probably in better shape than my 24 yr old rear end. e runs like 3 miles a few times a week and works out still. And he still has Tom Modrak to help him out as Asst. GM.

Marv could very well fail, he could be successful... I dont know. But I do know that he has done it before and done it well for the most part, so we'll see...

time will tell.....

HiOctaneBills said:
"Yeah he's old, but he's probably in better shape than my 24 yr old rear end. e runs like 3 miles a few times a week and works out still." :huh:
Why do you billy fans ALWAYS respond with some version of the above example when the conversation is about merv?
When a person reaches their 80's, improving their golf swing or finding that special spot where the fish are always biting should be the only worries they should have! Not negotiating salaries for coaches, players, and balancing a 100 mil salary cap...

Being in good shape at 81 is great but being in good shape and dealing with the pressures of working as an NFL team GM,,,well it is a whole different ballgame!!
:rolleyes2

Marino1983

The problem with Teague is He's a very Good Pass-blocker but a very marginal run-blocker...

BLITZKRIEG said:
And unfortunately downgraded at Center in the process.....

Mawae was a Pro Bowler, and Teague comes in from one of the worst OL's in the NFL. Although to his defense, he was probably the most versitle OLman the Bills had. Good luck with him, you needed a Center, and you got one....

PHINZ RULE!!!

mawae barely played last yar and when he did wasn't good, Teague is a poor man's mawae and this definitely upgrades the OL. No even at mawae's older ager teague isn't as good but he's better than what we had last year and our Ol looks to be in decent shape as of now and could get better.

Disnardo said:
Sorry BZ, but Daurte's QB rating in the PS is better than Chad's...

DC 94.3 to Chad's 90.5...:wink:

BZ is actually correct. Chad has a slightly better playoff rating than Culpepper does. Culpepper's is 82.3, and Chad's is 84.3. The problem with Chad is he can't stay healthy. He has been injured so much that he only has 16 more TD passes in his career than Culpepper did in one season (2004). The big question with Chad is, will he be able recover from his shoulder injury. He did not look great at the beginning of last season. I think Ramsey will get a shot at the starting job.

Back
Top Bottom