Jets to finish 15-1? AFC East Season Predictions | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets to finish 15-1? AFC East Season Predictions

I try not to talk too much smack because words don't taste too good when you have to eat them. The Jets are a talented team. So are the Phins. Ryan has his way of coaching the team: full throttle, swing for the fences, says what he thinks, emotional. That's who he is and what he does. (That's what his dad was, too.) He is trying to get his guys to believe they can do something great this year. What coach doesn't?

NYC is a tough place to coach. The expectations are sky high and every step and misstep is brought to light. When the fan's victory goal is so high (unrealistically high in my opinion), any loss or blip can start a spiral downward (and I must point out Ryan weathered a bunch of misfortune last year). I prefer Sparano's not too high, not too down demeanor, but that's me. Bad days come. Injuries happen. Games are lost. I like a coach that keeps an even keel in sunny and stormy weather.

The Jets are will be what their 2010 record says. And that is still not written in stone, whatever the fans (or the coach) thinks.

Early, But ESPN has an article about how the jets fans were to predict the outcome of their games and their result came out to a 15-1 record. facepalm.
http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/13437/15-1-are-jets-fans-delusional#comments
Herm Edwards also believes they are superbowl-bound

This got me thinking, what does the community here think the final AFC east 2010 predictions will be? your thoughts and input can include any and all reasonings. including bias, love, hatred, age, rookies, vets, coaching staffs, chemistry, O/D/ST, team colors, mascots, depth, schedules, prostitutes, etc...well, maybe not prostitutes. :pimp:

so what will the division look like come seasons end? Have at it, fellas!

:lol2: The Jets will be good next year, but with an inferior O-line, and running game, there is little that tells me that they will be better then the Patriots or Dolphins, and niether team will be going 15-1.

I personally think it will be a dogfight next year within the AFC east.

There seems to be a short term memory here. The jets largely sucked in the regular season. They had so many chips fall into place to even get into the playoffs (even your coach would admit that). When they got there though, they played well. I wasn't at all impressed with beating Cinci, but I think what the did to San Diego was pretty amazing. Props where it's due.

Nonetheless, the Jets were a .500 team last year. Their off-season was like a fire-cracker. Lot's of bang and flash. Big names, dare I say almost Dan Snyder-esque. They didn't set themselves up for long-term success. Two of their flashiest pickups are guys way past their prime with, likely, under 2 years left in their career. Holmes is sitting on a 3/4 year deal, and if the Jets want to keep him, they're going to have to shell out a chunk of change. I think Cromartie is a wild-card, he hasn't played well in San Diego in a couple of seasons, but Rex usually brings out the best in his defensive guys, so I expect success.

With that said, the team noone is talking about is the Patriots. Welker may not be back to 100% at the start of the season, maybe not ever, but anyone who's watched them play knows that Edelman is a damn suitable replacement. The Pats had about 60 picks in the draft, and they draft as good as anyone. Until the Jets or the Dolphins knock them off, they are still the class of the division.

Prediction:

Patriots: 11-5
Dolphins: 10-6
Jets: 10-6
Bills: lol

yeah the biggest problem in the division is a 7-9 team. sorry but the biggest problem is the patriots not the dolphins. and to the phins every1 is your problem. yeah you may play good a few games, but even if you make the playoffs you will fail miserably like you have the past 10 years. Brandon marshall lol. have fun with that. :italy:

:rolleyes2:

Jets win the Division ??????
***etaboutit
And I mean forget about it as in not gonna happen.
I see Miami 11-5
Pats 10-6
Jets 9-7
Bills 6-10

~~~ GOOOO FINS ~~~

My prediction:

1. Miami Dolphins 11-5
2. New York Jets 10-6
3. New England Patriots 9-7
4. Buffalo Bills 3-13

Yeah maybe Henne should play a season too. oh wait he didnt. maybe Henne should win 2 playoff games on the road before they make predicitons? Oh yeah hahah he ****ing didnt.

what kind of nick is "pretty tony" ?? Let me guess, you're not only a defender of moleface, but you're also president of her fanclub.

358sx7t-1.jpg

Yeah maybe Henne should play a season too. oh wait he didnt. maybe Henne should win 2 playoff games on the road before they make predicitons? Oh yeah hahah he ****ing didnt.

I really don't understand your point on Henne playing 13 games vs 16 games. You can throw out Sanchez's 3 worst games and Henne still was a far better QB. FYI, Sanchez was along for the ride. To suggest that he won 2 playoff games is ridiculous.

I really don't understand your point on Henne playing 13 games vs 16 games. You can throw out Sanchez's 3 worst games and Henne still was a far better QB. FYI, Sanchez was along for the ride. To suggest that he won 2 playoff games is ridiculous.

Actually, if you take out Sanchez's 3 worst games, he had 11 TD and 8 interceptions. Which would be better than henne I think.

And to say Sanchez was just along for the ride in the playoffs means you didn't watch the games and see how well he played. To dismiss what he did would be foolish.

:lol2: The Jets will be good next year, but with an inferior O-line, and running game, there is little that tells me that they will be better then the Patriots or Dolphins, and niether team will be going 15-1.

I personally think it will be a dogfight next year within the AFC east.

Inferior o-line and run game? How do you figure? Got rid of their worst lineman and replaced an old, extremely overrated RB with a young, explosive Shonn Greene.

Inferior o-line and run game? How do you figure? Got rid of their worst lineman and replaced an old, extremely overrated RB with a young, explosive Shonn Greene.

The Dolphins offensive line got better and stronger this off season with the addition of Richy Incognito. And it's pretty safe to say the loss of a 6 time pro-bowl guard won't make the Jets any stronger. Albeit he was getting older. Not sure it was a hot move though. The other offensive linemen seemed to not like it much. They're paying him like 5.5 guaranteed to walk, yet they would have only had to pay him like 7.2 to stay and play. 2 mil wasn't worth it? If it's not broke don't fix it.....I didn't get that move, but whatever.

Inferior might be the wrong word, because they are both going to be very good. But I'd say the Dolphins have an advantage going into this years season on the offensive line. They are clearly a much deeper unit as well.

And you got rid of an extremely over rated RB?? The guy has touched the ball just about 300 times EVERY year for the last 5 season and rushed for well over 1,000 yards each and everyone of those seasons. This same over rated RB who just so happened to have a career best year LAST YEAR and rush for over 1400 yards and 14TD's... But you know, that stuff grows on trees.

If anyone's over rated it's Ladainian Tomlinson.

Back
Top Bottom