Jets will have the #1 pick in the draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets will have the #1 pick in the draft

TXFinFan

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Reaction score
I believe the Jets will package DE John Abraham with some Draft Picks to move up to #1 and get Matt Lineart.

As to the effect it will have on the Dolphins, it will cause a run on QB's, with New Orleans and Tennesee taking Vince Young and Jay Cutler.

We will have to settle for Croyle, Whitehurst, or Jacobs in a later round.

The Texans will get the best deal out of this, as they will get a Top Flight DE in John Abraham, and they will have their pick of Reggie Bush or D-Brick at #4. Not to mention a few extra draft picks.

If that happens, it is a great deal for the Texans. I hope it does. I would much rather see them take D'brickshaw at 4 and getting Abraham then Bush at 1

it certainly makes sense that they would trade down. with this pick being of such high value this year, the jets would have to give up a lot for sure, though.

TotoreMexico said:
Hey we can get Brees via FA

I hope so, but we still need to draft a young QB. At least as a career backup to Brees.

TexPhinPhan said:
If that happens, it is a great deal for the Texans. I hope it does. I would much rather see them take D'brickshaw at 4 and getting Abraham then Bush at 1

Yeah. That would be much better for them in the long run.

TXFinFan said:
I believe the Jets will package DE John Abraham with some Draft Picks to move up to #1 and get Matt Lineart.
If the Jets trade up to #1, I think they'll take Reggie Bush. RB is a big need for them, and Curtis Martin can stay a year or two before Bush takes over full-time.

If they were #1 I really think they would take a QB I just don't think they would take Bush. There need is a QB more than anything. Alot easier to find a RB than a QB.

You have to take Bush at 1 no matter what. He is that much of an impact player. You have to.

Skeet84 said:
If they were #1 I really think they would take a QB I just don't think they would take Bush. There need is a QB more than anything. Alot easier to find a RB than a QB.
Both picks make sense...the only sure thing about the Jets' draft is that their fans won't like the pick.

Flyer22 said:
Both picks make sense...the only sure thing about the Jets' draft is that their fans won't like the pick.

Totally agree there. :lol:

He didn't identify them or mention what they were offering, but a hot rumor circulating here for the past several days is the New York Jets are willing to make a deal with the Texans to move up from the No. 4 spot in order to draft a replacement for quarterback Chad Pennington, who is recovering from shoulder surgery and was recently asked to take an $8 million pay cut. As the rumor goes, the Jets supposedly covet former USC quarterback Matt Leinart.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/9269821

I bet someone trades up and all the speculation of who's going where goes right out the window

Dredd1050 said:
You have to take Bush at 1 no matter what. He is that much of an impact player. You have to.

No I don't think just bcs you get the #1 pick its a must to get Bush, Yes he's a impact player, but there's a bigger chance that one of three OB's will be the 1st pick of the draft.

Back
Top Bottom