Jim Bates | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jim Bates

Zachspac54

Dan is STILL the MAN
Reaction score
i think we need to get a guy that can design better blitz pakages we are horrable blitzing,whats everybody think?Maybe like a Pepper Johnson i think he would do good.

That is the truth everybody says we got a great defence which we are pretty good but you dont see very many good blitz's we could be awesome with that we would be like last years Bucs. Just as long as its not Ovadatti. Cant spell his name.

they can be great with the right def cord no doubt id probably say like the Balitmore unit,and pepper would bring it as well as maybe mike singleton!!!!!

No your not thinking the right units guys. But I agree that Bates is not a good D-Coordinator for what he has available to him.

Originally posted by HofCityFan
Since nobody is a good coach for Miami how did we ever win a game

I know.

We should have just hired Jim Mora Jr. as our head coach so he can bring his perinneal bottom half of the NFL defense to Miami.

we do not need a new DC...

Wanne s/have plenty of time to help out with the D and since he is the supposed D guru around here, that w/b enough coaches for this group of players.

There were only 2 games that we needed to fix our D for - Philly and Tenn - and you can throw away Tenn since we did not play like that all year. Philly was also an aberrition.

I do agree that now that they installed some zone D's , they s/find some new blitz packages. All this will have to wait to see who is on our team come training camp though...

The defensive style is on DW. when miami doesn't blitz, thats because it's not his style (although i remember the philly game where like 9 men blitzed, to bad it was against mcnabb).

i do think someone needs to teach these guys better though. thats on bates.

Originally posted by Zachspac54
i think we have more Talent than Baltimor on D!!!!!!!! NO DOUBT

Pretty close to say "NO DOUBT".

Two very similar teams...
All defense
Running Back
No QB
Only 1 WR
TE's

Baltimore's better...
Special teams
OL

& How much younger and under the cap are they??????
We need to learn from this - Hire Savage!!!!!!

Carolina in quite similar also. Why can these teams make this formula work and we are further out of the playoffs every year??:cry:

Originally posted by Jaj
No your not thinking the right units guys. But I agree that Bates is not a good D-Coordinator for what he has available to him.

How would you use the talent we have on D to get more out of them? Just curious..

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

How would you use the talent we have on D to get more out of them? Just curious..
our D was damn good this year, especially in 14 of the games. Not sure we c/have been much better with the personnel we have; and guys liek Brock get the most criticism and he is starting in the Pro Bowl :eek:

Not sure how we'd use the D to get better numbers and stats out of them....possibly change up the formations some plays are run from instead of the same old thing....

My main concern on defense is age. They're getting old. While I think the draft this year should primarily focus on Offense (OL, QB, WR), the organization is going to have to give some serious thought to going D in the 2005 draft imo.

They need some young guys to get the benefit of playing under Zach and the boys for a few years.

Back
Top Bottom