Jim Bates | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jim Bates

Originally posted by inFINSible
It's awful presumptious of you to assume that this hasn't been brought up......If you try the search feature, you'll find many many threads about this subject....you'll also find quite a few questioning just how much "talent" this defense has/had...even a few blaming the defense for the yearly collapses....your own post even contains contradiction.........are they talented or are they out of position and running around flailing their arms??? They can't be both.

Like Infinz stated that you seem to contradict yourself in you statements. Either the D is talented or its not. Or the coaching prepares them for the game or they do not because they seem lost.

Like others have probably stated, Welcome to the board PhinFreak...

I like others on this board, I beleive our D is talented but overated when it comes down to playing consistant football playing against +.500 opponents.

I believe Bates uses that DW mentally of playing not to loose the game, rather than playing to win.

Originally posted by PhinsPhreak
I'm new here so if this was discussed befor Sorry!!!

With all the talk about upgrading (no longer overhauling) the Dolphins this offseason I find it interesting that once again no one has mentioned Jim Bates. IMO he is one of the most over rated DC's in the NFL. With the amount of talent on this defense we should be shutting teams down every week. There is a complete lack of schemes and packages. The safeties are always out of position and how many times do we have to watch Zach chase someone downfield flailing his arms with his back to the quarterback? We have one of the most if not the most talented defenses in the league, yet we are consistently inconsistent. The only reason we can hold our own most of the time is because the incredible amount of talent. I drool thinking of what someone like Romeo Crennel could do with this D considering what he did in NE with much less talent.

:sleep:

Back
Top Bottom