Jim Brown tells Ricky: Don't think; just run | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jim Brown tells Ricky: Don't think; just run

RickY williams ran with toughness last week against a tough defense that knows how to tackle very well. That is the greatest advice that the greatest runningback hands-down will ever give to a player. He loves ricky and Ricky looks up to him as his mentor.

Ricky needs to quit lining up 10 yards in the backfield!! I noticed the other teams' runners lining up around 5 yards back. He's getting short changed of about 3-5 yards almost every carry!!!

Originally posted by SDFinFan
Ricky needs to quit lining up 10 yards in the backfield!!

Although most people point that our *THIS* season, he did it last season and still produce great yards and everything. Even with his 7game streak of non-100 games, he was still a threat and every team had to keep their eyes on him because if they think "Hm, he won't do nothing because his last few games he hasn't done anything" and then all of sudden, *RICKY, 40,50,40,30,20,10,5, TOUCHDOWN*

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
Here is the ESPN.com link for your reading pleasure.

Great advice from the greatest running back of all-time. I agree 100%. Ricky altered his running style from last year by becoming overly patient in choosing his running lane. Go back to the power and explosiveness Ricky!

Lining up 10 yards in the backfield is the best to give our lineman some roomto block. The problem with ricky can be laid on the running style that he has created this off-season. He just needs to pound the ball and punish defenders like a man. Use his power like Jim said.

But how can he be doing that the whole game if there are lining up nine guys on the line, and that way he wont last long.. what i think we have to do more is playactoin and counters..

We can't run a counter because our lineman can't hold up. When you do a counter it relies on shifting the blocking the opposite direction of the runners path which many players always looks for the blockers direction to stop the runningback. Those plays did work last years, specially when Jamie nails was coming off a block to make a block for ricky.

that is true, but what we need to do more is playactoins, like the playaction when dolphins were playing the vikings last year and chambers had a 53 yard reception.. i remember that was a playactoin and chris chambers caught the ball between two defenders

Perhaps it allows Ricky to see the field better being that backed up? Honestly I think he just needs to hit the hole hard. Mess someone up and make them pay for it on the fourth quarter. I agree, he is trying to be patient but it is costing him. He is going to have to start making his own holes when there aren't any.

I completely agree with the advice from the hall of famer, but no matter what advice he is giving we will not see the Ricky of last year. If he stopped the hesitation and just plowed the line his ypc would probably go up, but he isn't superman. Our line is horrid. I am not sure if Superman himself could put up 1500 yards behind this line.

Originally posted by SDFinFan
Ricky needs to quit lining up 10 yards in the backfield!! I noticed the other teams' runners lining up around 5 yards back. He's getting short changed of about 3-5 yards almost every carry!!!

Have you ever seen Erik Dickerson run. He would line up about 12 yards deep. A running back's best tools are his eyes. Vision is so much better when deep behind the line.

And, yeah Ricky only lines up about 7 yds deep anyway.

Back
Top Bottom