Jim Flanigan, Blake, Rookies | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jim Flanigan, Blake, Rookies

EddieIrvine13

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Another veteran DE that the Dolphins can pick up. The Packers offered vet. minimum and he turned it down. He used to play in Chicago with Wanny so you know Wann-Spiel will be looking to get this guy. Also, we still dont have a LT and Brockermeyer still has a chance at being a Dolphin.
Do you think McKinney will be our starting LG by season's end? I think so. Dixon is done. This will get him playing time before we dump Ruddy after the season (hopefully).
Will Randy McMichael be the starting TE by season's end? I hope he pulls through. Right now, I dont see him being much better than Weaver (he cant block), but he can catch which fits him well with Norv Turner's system. Plus, he is someone we can build with, not signing scrubs to one term deals like we have been doing.
Other than that, we got our dime back this draft and a WR to challenge Ogden for a roster spot and also a RB to challenge Westbrooks.

With all due respect, I think our LT position is solid. Brent Smith and Marcus Spriggs, while both coming off injury, are said to be 100%. I like the idea of Flanigan though.

Spriggs said he is only 80% as of now. Will not be 100% for mini-camps. But I still am optimistic about Spriggs and Smith. I just feel Brockermeyer would be an upgrade and Smith/Spriggs are only signed through this season. I feel if we were to sign Black to a long term contract, the LT hole would be filled for a while.

Back
Top Bottom