Jimmy Smith to be possibly released | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jimmy Smith to be possibly released

Gonk

Active Roster
Reaction score
"The Jaguars are also said to be considering releasing or trading tight end Kyle Brady, who is scheduled to make $2.75 million, and perhaps defensive end Tony Brackens. Wide receiver Jimmy Smith, who has been suspended for four games for violating the league's substance-abuse policy, also is a release possibility."

Sure he'll be out for the first four games, but we could always use another WR! This guy is arguably one of the best WR's in the AFC. He's had three 90+ rec, 1200+ yd seasons in the past four years. The other year he still had 80 rec's for 1000 yds.

I think the one last piece we need on this team is a reliable, pro-bowl reciever.

What do you guys think? Will we have any interest IF he is released?

Originally posted by Gonk
"The Jaguars are also said to be considering releasing or trading tight end Kyle Brady, who is scheduled to make $2.75 million, and perhaps defensive end Tony Brackens. Wide receiver Jimmy Smith, who has been suspended for four games for violating the league's substance-abuse policy, also is a release possibility."

Sure he'll be out for the first four games, but we could always use another WR! This guy is arguably one of the best WR's in the AFC. He's had three 90+ rec, 1200+ yd seasons in the past four years. The other year he still had 80 rec's for 1000 yds.

I think the one last piece we need on this team is a reliable, pro-bowl reciever.

What do you guys think? Will we have any interest IF he is released?

Being they have Tai Streets as the #2 and no real #1 besides Jimmy Smith, I would actually be shocked if they released him.

If they do, I hope the Dolphins at least poke thier head in and give Jimmy's agent a call.

Back
Top Bottom