Jimmy Williams, cornerback or safety? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jimmy Williams, cornerback or safety?

nick1

I am Groot
Club Member
Reaction score
Jimmy Williams is a good prospect and has the size Saban loves in his DBs. my question is the better position for him in the NFL? safety or cornerback? with his size he is better suited for safety in my opinion but he has great jamming ability which is a cornerback skill. what do you guys think?

Williams considers himself the best corner in the draft but he tends to be a little overagressive. I think he will eventually become a Pro Bowl type safety.

He will get his chance at CB before anyone thinks about him as a Saftey. Conerback is one of the hardest positions to find great talent. This is why he will play Corner first. That and he will be more valuable there.

He would most def play CB. He can come in and lay the wood, but he can play run support as a corner too. CB is the more valuable position and where he will get drafted (top 10 range) a corner will be more significant for a team.

It all depends on how Saban wants to do it....He can play both but from my view watching them in the Big East and then ACC he would be a FS just for the pure fact that a FS is way more valuable then a CB.

I see him as a safety myself

I think it will depend on the team. He will start out at CB, but I see him more of a S. A team would be lucky to have him, with his size and speed to have him as a CB. It will be interesting to seewhere he goes and how he is used

Skeet84 said:
He will get his chance at CB before anyone thinks about him as a Saftey. Conerback is one of the hardest positions to find great talent. This is why he will play Corner first. That and he will be more valuable there.

I back this.

Well he will get his shot at CB, but will do better at S, and Huff in the other hand I think can definately be a CB, same with Allen, he can be a CB, while I dont think the same on Griffin, who I see more like a S.

I see him playing for another team as I think we'll take Jackson at 16.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom