Jj Johnson Being Shopped...most Likely Released. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jj Johnson Being Shopped...most Likely Released.

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The signing of ROBERT EDWARDS today....pretty much paves the way for the Dolphins to just go ahead and release RB JJ Johnson. Agent Drew Rosenhaus had been given permission by the team...to shop his client around the league...but the chances of the Dolphins getting anything for JJJ is literally slim to none.
As for Edwards...Its pretty much a no-lose situation for the Dolphins. He deserves a shot...and if he makes the squad...you know it will be because of his sincere will and desire. Edwards basically will fill the same role that JJ Johnson had with the team..the last couple of years...should he make the final roster.

Well...lets talk about D-DAY...which is TODAY...down at UM's GREENTREE FIELD...where all scouts are convening to watch the UM SENIORS...lead by MCKINNIE, PORTIS, BUCHANON, and Co. This is the day--hopefully...ALL DOLFANS around the GLOBE have been waiting for. The Day where the Dolphins have aquired RICKY WILLIAMS for the FIRST and FOURTH...and the whatever pick next season..depending on RW's performance. Whatever. Get MONTY HALL...get CAROLL MERILL to stand in front of door #2 in the conference room where SPIELMAN and MUELLER are at. Do whatever it takes to finalize the deal. I think I speak for the majority of Dolphin fans....but the anxiety has literally reached the boiling point. Every day...you have to take time out from your work or wherever you go...to see if The damn trade has gone down yet. Its just got to happen later today....if its going to happen. I really think it will.

Question: How much money will RICKY be paying TRAVIS MINOR for the right to wear his jersey munber..#34.? Travis Minor may have the speedy MERCEDES SUV that goes over 126 miles an hour...maybe thats the deal that goes down...if hopefully...he is in the fold...and has to drive the car personally here to SOUTH BEACH.

As for OLIN KREUTZ: I sure wish the Dolphins had not let him get back on that plane back to HAWAII. But hey....the Dolphins did ALL THEY CAN DO. They did their job. This guy just got married and apparently has ties to CHICAGO. This is just what he says....a very tough family related decision that he must make. I will say this....if it comes down to money...we are definately offering more money than the BEARS right now...about 2 million overall. Plus...here is another thing going are way about the money. The players understand that there are NO STATE INCOME TAXES in the state of Florida...and that saves big taxation dollars. Also...if he is from HAWAII...it doesn't take much to figure out that he likes sunny, warm weather....and beaches. I think KREUTZ came away very flattered and impressed with the way the DOlphins and players as well...treated him...and just wants to get back to the wife and make his decision by Friday. It could go either way...like he said.,.but OUR JOB IS DONE....and I think the whole KREUTZ pursuit, contract, and welcome job...was done brilliantly.

How about the CHESTER signing....don't misunderstand this guy....he is as strong as an ox...and if he can make DARYL GARDENER move to end...then we just have improved this DL. If DG;s back holds up...this should be a fantastic line. The losses of either MIXON or BROMELL will not be that great. Lets save the money...and pour it into the SAFETY position.

If we lose BROCK MARION to the LIONS or TITANS....we need to sign VICTOR GREEN or BLAINE BISHOP..if we can do it financially speaking.

However...if we get RICKY WILLIAMS and KREUTZ....its going to get tight. We would then expect the Dolphins to release RUDDY or PERRY or both. If KREUTZ signs...we should just release RUDDY and forget any experiment at GUARD.

Hopefully....LEON SEARCY will be a reasonable possibility. Drew ROSENHAUS likes the fit with him going to the DOlphins...with the UM connections. This could happen...realistic chance. SEARCY could be had for maybe the 1 million dollar mark. He could be done...by somebody re-working their contract...or an outright release of another player.

WR PAT JOHNSON...formerly of the RAVENS would be a nice addition....but at KR/PR. He has the speed. Not really a bonified NFL WR. A long-shot...to sign...because he probably wants a chance to play WR.

Matt TURK is whining again...about how much he thinks he is worth...etc. and this act maybe getting a bit old. I would not be surprised to see the Dolphins go after MITCH BERGER soon...if TURK;s demands don't come down.

The CRIS CARTER World-tour...is getting a bit interesting too. If teams continue to fold their interest....CARTER may wind up coming down in his asking price...the 1.5 million a year...and come down here and play for the incentive...low base salary. I think Carter is a nice fit here....and I think the Dolphins can be creative here...and give CARTET a whole bunch of incentives to get to his desired salary. Carter could take up some of the locker room leadership that OJ Mcduffie had in there...before he got released. CC...come home, I say.
Hoping for the DEAL...
for both RW and OLIN..
DCH

I, for one, am GLAD the trade hasn't gone down yet?? No, it's not because I'm some sick, twisted f*ck. It's because I had been without TV or the Internet for 3 LONG days. I feel like I've missed so much. And if the Ricky deal would have gone down while I was "away", that would have sucked.

Anyway, I'm back online. No TV tough. Can't afford it. ;)

Originally posted by Muck
I, for one, am GLAD the trade hasn't gone down yet?? No, it's not because I'm some sick, twisted f*ck. It's because I had been without TV or the Internet for 3 LONG days. I feel like I've missed so much. And if the Ricky deal would have gone down while I was "away", that would have sucked.

Anyway, I'm back online. No TV tough. Can't afford it. ;)

That sucks.

Yup, that's how it goes when you're in college. :p Gotta work full time and sacrifice to stay afloat thru school. I get two local channels with the rabbit ears and that's it.

The no internet thing was killing me. That's my life. I've sorta gotten used to no TV. Since I moved into my new place 2 weeks ago, I've had to adjust. Just can't afford it right now. Thank God it's not football season yet. I would have committed suicide by now. ;)

Originally posted by WCoastFin
It was about time!!!I would trade him for some draft picks.
at this point, you'd have to be pretty damn bad GM to give up picks for JJJ. Maybe someone will give up their 8th round draft pick for him - contigent upon the draft expanding to 8 rounds :goof: ;) :p

Then Maybe Randy Mueller is interested...

Hypothetical Conversation between Spielman and Mueller

Spielman: "O.K. Randy we will give you twelve first round picks, seven second round picks and four third round picks for
Ricky Williams and a third."

Mueller: "I am sorry Rick, but thats not good enough, we refuse to part with any of our own draft picks."

;)

Re: Then Maybe Randy Mueller is interested...

Originally posted by RHoffman
Hypothetical Conversation between Spielman and Mueller

Spielman: "O.K. Randy we will give you twelve first round picks, seven second round picks and four third round picks for
Ricky Williams and a third."

Mueller: "I am sorry Rick, but thats not good enough, we refuse to part with any of our own draft picks."

;)

LMAO...Mueller...freakin pain in the...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dolphin Fans
clear.gif
Mueller

Back
Top Bottom