JJ to be GM? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JJ to be GM?

Fisticuff

hm mmm, peanut butter and crack sandwich
Reaction score
it is rumored that DW will most likley remain as HC. BUT WH will take away his GM job, and a canidate not mentioned is Jimmy Johnson the former Miami Dolphins HC who build the defense from cratch. it is rumored JJ would consider becomming GM to help save his best friends job.

now heres an intresting situation... i would be happy to keep Wannstedt if Jimmy is GM. DW hasn't been very good at getting players. instead of getting players in the draft, miami goes after older players to bring "leadership."

With Jimmy we're gonna talent.. DW as a coach (i believe) is pretty good. i don't think he's bill parcells, but i do believe he can coach a SB victory. his issue is getting players. either bad picks, or vetrens who have little to no gas left in the tank.

With JJ as GM, i believe miami can take that LEAP forward. JJ had the players, but was always in the shadow of Marino who he could never get rid of, and needed to get a SB (for the record i'd take Marino in the situation 100/100 times).

thoughts?

...and, I wish I could agree with you about DW, but I can't.

He has no discipline or fire in this team. He does not have what it takes to lead the Fins to the Super Bowl. We need a young, kick-you-in-the-butt type of guy who will get some people fired up.

Just asking, but what's with all this Wanny loving all of a sudden? During the season most of you wanted his head on a plate.

Personally, I would rather have it the other way around. JJ as head coach without GM duties.

JJ and his trades were WAAAY over-rated. He just took a LOT of chances and a few of them paid off.

Originally posted by Blueprint_21
it is rumored that DW will most likley remain as HC. BUT WH will take away his GM job, and a canidate not mentioned is Jimmy Johnson the former Miami Dolphins HC who build the defense from cratch. it is rumored JJ would consider becomming GM to help save his best friends job.

now heres an intresting situation... i would be happy to keep Wannstedt if Jimmy is GM. DW hasn't been very good at getting players. instead of getting players in the draft, miami goes after older players to bring "leadership."

With Jimmy we're gonna talent.. DW as a coach (i believe) is pretty good. i don't think he's bill parcells, but i do believe he can coach a SB victory. his issue is getting players. either bad picks, or vetrens who have little to no gas left in the tank.

With JJ as GM, i believe miami can take that LEAP forward. JJ had the players, but was always in the shadow of Marino who he could never get rid of, and needed to get a SB (for the record i'd take Marino in the situation 100/100 times).

thoughts?

First of all, it hasn't been rumored that Wannstedt will keep his job. I don't want Wannstedt here one way or the other. I don't care who the GM is, I want Wannstedt fired. He hasn't done an awful job in bringing in players, he has made some good draft picks (and some bad ones too).

The thing about Wannstedt is that he is just a bad coach, and we will go no where with him. We won't make a leap forward with JJ.

Wannstedt's issue is not getting players. We have made some key acquistions every year, last year we got Ricky and this year we got Knight and Seau. His problem is that he is a bad coach on gameday who makes poor decisions.

If Wannstedt is here, we will take another step backward no matter who the GM is.

Originally posted by DolphinDevil28
Blueprint, me and you got beef, son.

LSU is gonna whoop that @ss!!!

btw...Merry Christmas.

and then you woke up :goof: merry christmas to you to. although i don't know about your new year ;)

iceblizzard69- we're not gonna gree obviously.. but i don't see how you can say he's done a good job of bringing in players. ricky, T-buc and a few draft picks are the exception. but when you say seau, i wonder... the guy hasn't done much. Derrick Rogers has done about as much, and is a much better coverage LB. why did he not get a real WR instead of tompson? why didn't he grab some lineman? your arguement of him being a decent GM doesn't hold water.

p.s. let me clarrify.. if JJ becomes our GM DW will most likley keep his job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wanny is too conservative with his play calling. Thats one of the reasons why he should be canned. Bringing in talented players is another problem.

Wanny should go somewhere else.. dont second guess letting him go because of his record..
If his record is so 'great,' then he shouldnt have a problem getting a head coaching job elsewhere..
we are know what his true colors are..
If anything, the dolphins did him a favor, by giving him a great defense...and getting him 40 more wins to clean up his sorry chicago record..
Let him go to buffalo and see what he does.. I bet he will do just fine..
hehe
MERRY CHRISTMAS

Hey Blueprint, do you go to Oklahoma?

Are you coming to NO for the game? I live here, maybe we could hook something up.

You'll be in a sea of purple and gold though, with everyone pointing at you screaming "Tiger Bait!" lol.

and then you woke up :goof: merry christmas to you to. although i don't know about your new year ;)

iceblizzard69- we're not gonna gree obviously.. but i don't see how you can say he's done a good job of bringing in players. ricky, T-buc and a few draft picks are the exception. but when you say seau, i wonder... the guy hasn't done much. Derrick Rogers has done about as much, and is a much better coverage LB. why did he not get a real WR instead of tompson? why didn't he grab some lineman? your arguement of him being a decent GM doesn't hold water.

p.s. let me clarrify.. if JJ becomes our GM DW will most likley keep his job.

Seau hasn't done much? Rogers did just as much? Have you even watched the Dolphins this year?

Seau has played very well. He was a huge improvement over Rogers. He was an excellent addition.

Also, all of us were really happy when we signed Thompson. He has been a bust, but we thought he would be really good. He played really well at the end of last season with Washington and everyone pretty much thought he would be an impact player. Unfortunately, Derrius proved us all wrong.

We should have definitely signed a linemen, I will give you that. However, we have made some solid additions while Wanny has been here. I think it is mostly Speilman, but we have put together some good rosters lately. Wanny made some bad draft picks (Fletcher) but some really good ones (McMichael, Chambers).

The only thing Wannstedt has done well is bring in players, and we aren't even sure if he was the one responsible because Speilman does a lot as well. Wannstedt has done a horrible job as a coach, however, and that is why he MUST be fired.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

Seau hasn't done much? Rogers did just as much? Have you even watched the Dolphins this year?

Seau has played very well. He was a huge improvement over Rogers. He was an excellent addition.

Also, all of us were really happy when we signed Thompson. He has been a bust, but we thought he would be really good. He played really well at the end of last season with Washington and everyone pretty much thought he would be an impact player. Unfortunately, Derrius proved us all wrong.

We should have definitely signed a linemen, I will give you that. However, we have made some solid additions while Wanny has been here. I think it is mostly Speilman, but we have put together some good rosters lately. Wanny made some bad draft picks (Fletcher) but some really good ones (McMichael, Chambers).

The only thing Wannstedt has done well is bring in players, and we aren't even sure if he was the one responsible because Speilman does a lot as well. Wannstedt has done a horrible job as a coach, however, and that is why he MUST be fired.

no i've watched all the games. i've seen seau make some great plays. but he is slow as dirt. he cannot cover anyone. with DR we had a few INT a year because of coverage skills. i also remember him getting STUPID penalties. seau has had 1. things are about as even as it gets. also rogers has more in the tank then does seau.

no i've watched all the games. i've seen seau make some great plays. but he is slow as dirt. he cannot cover anyone. with DR we had a few INT a year because of coverage skills. i also remember him getting STUPID penalties. seau has had 1. things are about as even as it gets. also rogers has more in the tank then does seau.

Slow as dirt? Seau has been all over the field. He is way better than Rodgers. Who cares about age since Rodgers was worthless. Rodgers had decent coverage skills but they weren't amazing or anything.

Seau did get a dumb penalty the other night for roughing the passer, but that sometimes happens. When you are going at full speed, it is sometimes hard to stop on time.

I love JJ's picks on defense, but I can't even think of an offensive player that made any impact. Yatil, Jabbar, uh....Cecil the weasal, that U of O back that couldn't stay on any team, uh....Bueller?????

Originally posted by burghPhinFan
I love JJ's picks on defense, but I can't even think of an offensive player that made any impact. Yatil, Jabbar, uh....Cecil the weasal, that U of O back that couldn't stay on any team, uh....Bueller?????
true but yatil would have been a great player if not for the back to back acl injuries that done him in.as for jabbar i guess everybody including jj is allowed a bust.and we get to cecil the desiel might have been a great talent jj took a risk and unfortunately it did not pan out but that is all cecils fault.

hell since were bringing old dudes back all the time, might as well bring back Mike Ditka to

Back
Top Bottom