Joe Burrow gets 1st win, throws for 300 again | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Burrow gets 1st win, throws for 300 again

Tua-N MARINO

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Mr. Burrow is proving he is the man for the job. He has thrown 300 or more yards in three straight games, first rookie to ever do this, and this is CERTAINLY putting pressure on us to have Tua doing the same ASAP.

I don’t really care much about how Burrow is doing because I knew he’d do well and we had no shot at him. Herbert has got my attention.

I don’t really care much about how Burrow is doing because I knew he’d do well and we had no shot at him. Herbert has got my attention.
We may not care, but given the fact that they were drafted back-to-back with the two top draft picks, there will certainly be some comparisons. Hopefully this is not a Peyton Manning/Ryan Leaf type of situation.

We may not care, but given the fact that they were drafted back-to-back with the two top draft picks, there will certainly be some comparisons. Hopefully this is not a Peyton Manning/Ryan Leaf type of situation.

Top 2 QB’s taken. Not back to back. Tua and Herbert were back to back.

Mr. Burrow is proving he is the man for the job. He has thrown 300 or more yards in three straight games, first rookie to ever do this, and this is CERTAINLY putting pressure on us to have Tua doing the same ASAP.

Do you mean "us" as fans? You individually, or "us" as in the Dolphins team. I don't believe this puts any pressure on the Dolphins organization for any reason. Flores and company will play Tua when they feel ready to make that switch (whenever that is). I don't believe for a second they feel pressured to play Tua now justbecause Burrow is having success.

Do you mean "us" as fans? You individually, or "us" as in the Dolphins team. I don't believe this puts any pressure on the Dolphins organization for any reason. Flores and company will play Tua when they feel ready to make that switch (whenever that is). I don't believe for a second they feel pressured to play Tua now justbecause Burrow is having success.

I meant the Dolphins as an organization, of course. As much as I would like to, I don't think they give a rat about what I, as a fan, think. =)

As far as the "pressure" of putting Tua in to play, you may be right, Coach Flores and the Dolphins organization may be exercising caution for a reason we don't know. Nonetheless, it certainly is exciting that Tua may perform just as good, or better, than Burrow, and that makes me yearning for seeing him play. Particularly as it's looking like Tua will likely have better passing protection. https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story...ive-line-give-him-fighting-chance/3581997001/

[Edit: Grammar]

Of course its nicer than not when young QBs come out of the gate throwing for yards and making plays. The story isn't written good or bad in the first year though. The league adjusts to young QBs, figures out what they do well and what they don't do well, and makes them adjust. Some guys do and some guys fizzle. Some guys have unfortunate injuries or have a playing style that exposes them too much to hits that erode them over time. And sometimes guys suck at the beginning but end up learning and emerging as effective players.

Jared Goff looked like trash as a rookie and with the right coaching he's become a big playmaker.
Josh Allen couldn't hit wide open receivers his rookie year and looked like a man child. Now he's 4-0.
Baker Mayfield was (foolishly) projected as a SB QB last year and his team was a disaster. But now he's adjusting back to the league and has a staff better accentuating his strengths now that they and the league understand his weaknesses.
RG3 was a superstar after his rookie year, and durability concerns and limited arm talent and ability to read the defense became his undoing.
Carson Wentz was an MVP candidate year two and people were calling for his benching last week.

I'm not gonna go over every QB in the league. Point is you have to wait 2-3 years to see what a QB is really made of. I like Burrow as a prospect but people get too excited every time a rookie QB does something. Don't anoint the guys just yet.

I meant the Dolphins as an organization, of course. As much as I would like to, I don't think they give a rat about what I, as a fan, think. =)

As far as the "pressure" of putting Tua in to play, you may be right, Coach Flores and the Dolphins organization may be exercising caution for a reason we don't know. Nonetheless, it certainly is exciting that Tua may perform just as good, or better, than Burrow, and that makes me yearning for seeing him play. Particularly as it's looking like Tua will likely have better passing protection. https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story...ive-line-give-him-fighting-chance/3581997001/

[Edit: Grammar]

With no real running game and WRs that have trouble making plays whenever Parker isn't out there...it may be a long day for Tua if he gets in now.

How is Joe doing, keep us up to date?

I like Burrow as a prospect but people get too excited every time a rookie QB does something. Don't anoint the guys just yet.
Time does tell. In this case, though, he is actually doing what no other rookie in the entire history of the NFL has done, and for that, he gets his props.

He has a lot of pass attempts and yards but his TD% is garbage, he's 26th in TD% with 2.9% and he's 28th in y/a with 6.3.

Kinda reminds me of Drew Bledsoe's 2nd year when he lead the league in pass yards but had almost 700 attempts and an abysmal 6.6 y/a to go with a TD% of 3.6%.

Back
Top Bottom