Joe Flacco article on SI made me think-ish | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Flacco article on SI made me think-ish

3Ply Stagliano

What a schmuck!
Reaction score
I was reading this article on Sports Illustrated and wondered...

It's fair enough for us unknowledgeable football followers to read about a player, get all sucked in by the article without really knowing much about the player and decide this is someone who 'must' play for our favourite team but do you think a piece like this, in any manner, actually increases the stock of a player come draft time? (Sorry about the long winded question)

You would hope scouts and the team's main talent evaluators wouldn't be swayed by something some random journalist writes to fill a bit of column space but could the more interfering team owners possibly get taken in by such a glowing advertisement? Do you think some coaches might be more inclined to thoroughly check out a player they otherwise might not have devoted a lot of time to or is it simply journalists writing powerless words for the sake of making a story out of nothing?

By the way, none of this is anything really to do with Joe Flacco. I hadn't heard of him before (We don't have college football on TV) and for all I know he could be the second coming of Joe Montana or another Joey Harrington.

I know it's not a particularly interesting question and I asked about it in a less than concise manner but I'll look forward to your responses.

Back
Top Bottom