Joe Schad in Houston | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Schad in Houston

midwest_phinfan

Starter
Reaction score
Joe's Article

"Update on Pete Kendall... I am told that the Dolphins are one of 4 or 5 teams that have put in offers for the guard/center."

It has some other good tidbits in there too.

Good read, appreciate the link. This guy seems like he still is pretty good and could offer some much needed depth.

Kendall should be a priority. They're gonna need some better guys up front with Ricky no longer around.

I found it interesting that Chambers' deal is bigger than Peerless Price, Laverneus Coles, Steve Smith, Darrell Jackson and Chad Johnson.

All of those guys have had QBs who could stretch the field. Hopefully we'll have one this year and Chambers gets the chance to prove he deserves that contract.

dolphindan1970 said:
Good read, appreciate the link. This guy seems like he still is pretty good and could offer some much needed depth.
Depth? He would be a starter!

SMadison29 said:
Kendall should be a priority. They're gonna need some better guys up front with Ricky no longer around.

I found it interesting that Chambers' deal is bigger than Peerless Price, Laverneus Coles, Steve Smith, Darrell Jackson and Chad Johnson.

Isn't Johnson still working under his rookie contract?
Chambers' deal should absolutely be bigger than those of Price, Smith or Jackson. Jackson's numbers are great, but he drops more balls than almost anyone except his teammate Koren Robinson. Price needs Mike Vick to revive his career, and Smith has had one good year so far. Let's see him do it again.
Not sure about Coles, but then, the Redskins forked over a #1 pick for the right to sign him.

phunwin said:
Isn't Johnson still working under his rookie contract?
Chambers' deal should absolutely be bigger than those of Price, Smith or Jackson. Jackson's numbers are great, but he drops more balls than almost anyone except his teammate Koren Robinson. Price needs Mike Vick to revive his career, and Smith has had one good year so far. Let's see him do it again.
Not sure about Coles, but then, the Redskins forked over a #1 pick for the right to sign him.

Johnson was extended earlier this year. His contract extends to 2009 now.

MikeO said:
Depth? He would be a starter!

Probably, but it's doubtful they'd just hand him the RG job, they'd make him fight for it. With his small size and durability issues, Greg Jerman (or John St. Clair or whoever) would likely see plenty of time, as the coaching staff would probably try to reduce the injury risk to Kendall with some rest here and there.

phunwin said:
Probably, but it's doubtful they'd just hand him the RG job, they'd make him fight for it. With his small size and durability issues, Greg Jerman (or John St. Clair or whoever) would likely see plenty of time, as the coaching staff would probably try to reduce the injury risk to Kendall with some rest here and there.
Fight for like a week. German and St.Clair aren't any good. Bottom line. Sorry for being "negative" which I know drives some people crazy around here, but its a fact. Kendell would be working with the 1st team and be the starter within 2 weeks IF he signs here.

Joe is by far the most enjoyable guy to read for phin news in my opinion. No slant, or storymaking, just straight ahead facts. The opposite of LeBetard.

phunwin said:

Kendall has 112 starts in the past 8 years. Which means in an NFL career he averages about one missed game per year. That sounds pretty durable to me,I havent done al of the research yet. But if he signs I will hit it full force.

Back
Top Bottom