Joel Collier | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joel Collier

Lukin

Colbert '08
Reaction score
What kind of changes do you all think our new OC will bring?

I'd like to see Ricky in more 2 back sets with a FB that can block.

On his offensive philosophy) – I think we’ve established that we are going to run the football, sometimes not as good as we want to, but all along I have talked about our offensive philosophy being balanced. I believe that you throw the ball to score points in this league and you run the ball to win. I said that last year, probably in July we were talking about it. That’s how I believe the NFL has evolved. A lot goes into that on a game-to-game basis, what you can do and what you can’t do. I don’t think many teams win in this league. You have to look at your personnel. For us to go in and think we are going to drop back and throw it fifty times would be ludicrous with all the sacks, the turnovers and all the bad things that happen there. When you have one of the best running backs in the National Football League you need to find ways to put the ball in his hands to win. We’re going to be balanced. We’re a two-back set with Rob Konrad. We’ll mix in some three-receiver sets, a little bit of four-receiver sets. This year we got into a little bit of two-tight end sets with Donald Lee coming on when Rob was hurt. We’re a two-back offense. We are going to run the ball and play-action [pass]. We’ll take our chances of throwing the ball down the field some, but we’re balanced for the reasons we just talked about.â€Â

http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pressreleases/pressreleases.asp?contentID=3112

Back
Top Bottom