John Clayton: "Better than 50% chance of trade" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

John Clayton: "Better than 50% chance of trade"

PhiNomina said:
What do you want the guy to say? He doesn't know, nobody knows, but its his job to report on SOMETHING, so if he is hearing reports that there is a good chance he is going to relay it. I would rather have this speculative reporting than every draft special going, "On to the Dolphins with the #2 pick we have NO idea...anyways on to the Browns..." The guy heard there is a good chance we are going to trade so he reported it.

I think it's horribly stupid to use 50%, because whatever the result, he has his back clear. He basically said the dolphins may or may not trade down. If I didn't have a clue, I would report on something I had a clue about, and not give stupid statements like that. Let me give you MY prediction. There is a 50% chance that some team will trade down in this years draft. See, I did this for free.

If this trade went down, I don't think we would get another pick. Having 2 first rounders for this team would be key. We would draft a stud player and use the other to acquire more picks. We are not one player away from challenging, therefore IMO the more picks the better!

he could have said 10% or 90% its still up in the air so he said 50 give em a break.

Trading with the Vikings is basically getting the #18 pick in the draft for free.

Caddy, Brown, or Benson will be available at #7. We get the back we want, for less money, and a free pick.

You people are over reacting. Saying that he believes there is a "better than 50% chance" means exactly what it says. MOre likely than not the fins will trade this pick! Whats the problem. The guy is not stupid, he isn't trying to justify a paycheck he is only relaying information that he has garnered from his sources(which are probably closer to the fins than anyone any of you know). If he is wrong, who cares. Are any of you going to hunt him down and kick his a**? Relax and enjoy this weekend and the draft it should be really exciting!!!!

phinphan11 said:
#2 = #7 and #18 in the draft value chart...

actually the #2 is 2600

#7 is 1500
#18 is 870
their 2nd is 365

that is 2730

more likely IMO is

#7 1500
#18 870
3rd rd 162

that is 2532 so we lose a little value.

To trade with tampa the #5 overall is 1750
2nd rd is 510 so
3rd rd 235

equals 2495 we lose a little value again

Finfan86 said:
actually the #2 is 2600

#7 is 1500
#18 is 870
their 2nd is 365

that is 2730

more likely IMO is

#7 1500
#18 870
3rd rd 162

2nd rd is 510 so
3rd rd 235

But the Minnesota trade is a much better trade for us. We can get the same back at 7 that we can at 5. You can look at the TB trade as "trading up" from the Minnesota trade.

Finfan86 said:
actually the #2 is 2600

#7 is 1500
#18 is 870
their 2nd is 365

that is 2730

more likely IMO is

#7 1500
#18 870
3rd rd 162

2nd rd is 510 so
3rd rd 235

I'd be happy with just their two # 1's...

infiltrateib said:
But the Minnesota trade is a much better trade for us. We can get the same back at 7 that we can at 5. You can look at the TB trade as "trading up" from the Minnesota trade.

i agree it helps us more i was just stating it for people that might have been wondering

nick19991 said:
the truth is that this could be completely false... the point is nobody knows what Saban will do

D`uh, that`s why he said 50%, he never said it was a guarantee.

:confused:

Finfan86 said:
i agree it helps us more i was just stating it for people that might have been wondering

Yep, sorry, didn't mean to make it seem like I was disagreeing with you.

Just pointing out that the "value" of the picks might be the same but the Minnesota trade is a ton more valuable to us.

Man, I'm salivating over the thought of (pending Surtain trade) drafting Caddy, Barron/Merriman/Spears, and Frye/Baas.

nick19991 said:
the truth is that this could be completely false... the point is nobody knows what Saban will do

i think trading down for 2 first rounders we can confidently say saban would want to do... hes been saying adamently that he wants more picks and wants to trade down since draft talk started... i think saban would take it in a heartbeat and only minnesota would hold this back from happening...

On PTI Peter King said no trade will happen because the Vikes want to keep their 2nd 1st rounder, but he did a 180 when he went on to say no one knows what Nick Saban is doing because he's running the Phins like it's communist Russia.

I also think there is a 50/50 chance that this potential trade might or might not possibly occur...maybe.

true that Saban would trade down given the opportunity but some "experts" say he is asking for too much and he wants too much I don't blame him but that might make other teams less willing to trade with us

Back
Top Bottom