john clayton has us $10 Million over the cap | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

john clayton has us $10 Million over the cap

Remember, this is before the teams re-sign players that have expired contracts. All 3 of those teams won't be that far under after they get done resigning players.

But once we resign some of our keepers we are still in the hole. What is disaapointing is the whole "JJ / Wanny / Spielman" speech of we are in good cap position when 90% of the other teams have always been in a better position than us.

Originally posted by trbeat
But once we resign some of our keepers we are still in the hole. What is disaapointing is the whole "JJ / Wanny / Spielman" speech of we are in good cap position when 90% of the other teams have always been in a better position than us.

90% have always been in better position than us in the CAP? Please prove that statement.

Oliver...

Good point maybe not always, but as we head into 2004 6 are over the Cap, phins included, the rest are under. I am just dissapointed that we never seem to be in a really good cap position to make major moves.

Good point maybe not always, but as we head into 2004 6 are over the Cap, phins included, the rest are under. I am just dissapointed that we never seem to be in a really good cap position to make major moves.

I have to say I'm confused with what you're saying here. The Dolphins are one of the BEST teams as far managing the CAP year in year out. If you mean why they do not go out and spend huge $'s on a FA player?

They in fact have tried a few times. The last guy was Olin Kreutz TWO years ago, but he remained in Chi-Town and since then has been a very AVG player.

Most teams that go out and spend huge amounts of $'s on FA's end up getting a bomb of a player. Most players after they get their big FA $ just become lazy.

FA is a suplimental system, it is not where teams win titles. Drafting is where titles are won. The Dolphins have been GOOD at the draft, but they have not been GREAT. That is where they have suffered. Suffered as far as being GOOD not GREAT that is.

Oliver...

I agree however we do have allot of big names that take to much of the cap. I would however say that we do make some big moves, I mean Ricky, Junior are both very good.

All I am saying is that we have less money than other teams to lure free agents and keep what we have, based on being under or over the projected Cap number.

Which team would you rather have as a GM heading into the next season.

The Dolphins talent and be 10.5 mil over or the Rams talent and be 14 mil under

Logic says that the Rams could plug holes and get even more help than we can.

All I am saying is that we have less money than other teams to lure free agents and keep what we have, based on being under or over the projected Cap number.

Which team would you rather have as a GM heading into the next season.

The Dolphins talent and be 10.5 mil over or the Rams talent and be 14 mil under

Logic says that the Rams could plug holes and get even more help than we can.

I'd rather have our situation. The 10 million over is easily corrected. Just releasing Griese and Fiedler should solve about 90% of that CAP figure. And that's just the start. If there is a FA signing out there that they want to go after, they'll have no problem getting that done. 10 million over is not a big deal.

Oliver...

Back
Top Bottom