john kitna?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

john kitna??

nolefin

thank you
Reaction score
I know this guy was not a FA but could we have made a trade for this guy? he is better than gus! why is he not going after a starting job?

Because he is an unselfish player who knows the job belongs to Carson and he is the future of the Bengals. I have a feeling next year Kitna will be competing for a starting job somewhere.

this will be his 2nd year on the bench! if a player thinks he is good enough to start why would he not want to play somewere else, thats not selfish

I respect Jon Kitna because he really is an unselfish TEAM FIRST player and did not lash out to the media after being demoted after having a successful season in my opinion. I think Kitna would fit into the category of, not much better than what we have, not much worse. Nothing spectacular but still can be as good as what we have right now, maybe even a little better. If he was a FA, no doubt I'd want to bring him in but I don't feel we should give up anything up for him and I highliy doubt that he'll be released because he's been a good mentor for Palmer and a GREAT backup.

rickysux said:
I know this guy was not a FA but could we have made a trade for this guy? he is better than gus! why is he not going after a starting job?
Hes getting old.I wounldnt mind getting him if he comes cheap and i dont see that happenin.

rickysux said:

Gus was the cheaper choice - we didn't have to trade to get him, and his salary is likely less than what Kitna would want. Also, Gus knows Linehan's system. I think that was the main reason Saban went after him. If Feeley doesn't cut it, we have a backup who won't have to learn the offense.

Hes happy in Cincinatti, his family is happy in cincinatti. He wants to stay in cincinatti. He knows the job is palmers, and is unselfish.

With Linehan coming here, I think Saban wanted someone that knows his system and has a small learning curve. Kitna or anyone else who's never played under Linehan, would be going through the same thing Feeley and Sage are going through. Picking up Gus made a lot of sense and I think will work to our advantage.

I would've rather much had John Kitna than any other QB on our roster...With that being siad, whats done is done, there's no point in looking back now and saying "we should've got this guy"...we need to work with what we have now. This season will determine wether or not we need a new QB. IMO, we do.

I have watched Kitna and Gus and I would take Gus at this stage in his career.

A player has to be on the trade market for a team to be able to obtain him...this is not Madden.

The Bengals would'nt trade Kitna unless someone blew them away with an offer. You do not trade good back-up Q.B.'s in the NFL just for the sake of getting them more playing time elsewhere.

Gus knows the system that Miami is going to use. I think it's perfect. If for some reason AJ can't do it, Gus could come in and be an instant star.

Kitna likley would of required a 4th rounder at the least. A solid cheap backup QB is very important.

Predaphin said:
I would've rather much had John Kitna than any other QB on our roster...With that being siad, whats done is done, there's no point in looking back now and saying "we should've got this guy"...we need to work with what we have now. This season will determine wether or not we need a new QB. IMO, we do.

Kitna has had, what, 2 decent years with the Bengals? He was awful when he played for the Seahawks. I remember when Seattle played Miami about 4-5 years ago. I was at that game and Kitna looked like a high school QB. Forget int's. He couldn't complete a pass. I don't think he is any better (probably worse) than what we have now.
Remember last offseason how Jeff Garcia and Mark Brunell looked like great options?

Back
Top Bottom