Jon Sciambi New Radio Voice?

Roman529

Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew
Reaction score
I watch ESPN all the time and I have NEVER heard of this guy!! :confused:

DeathStar

Hall Of Famer
Reaction score
only reason why i muted fins games on the tv was to listen to maddog.

it will be hard to replace him.

texasPHINSfan

Pro Bowl
Reaction score
no one can ever replace Mandich. when he left, so did dolphins radio.

dammit why did he have to part ways!????

jcaponio

Starter
Reaction score
I heard this guy call an Orioles/Astros game on ESPN last week. It was the first I've heard of him, but I remember thinking to myself that he was pretty good at the time. No way he can replace Mandich or Zimpfer, and who knows if his skills transfer over to football, but from what I heard I was relatively impressed by this young redhead.

Medieval954

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Jon "Boog" Sciambi has the 1pm-4pm slot on 790 AM down here in South Florida. If I'm not mistaken, he used to do Marlins baseball locally and did a few radio fill-ins with 560 AM, until he landed a part time baseball gig with ESPN which he splits with his radio show mentioned above.

beejay05

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I think Boog (Sciambi) is going to be awesome. He was amazing calling the Marlin games during their world series run, and I even remember the Maddog praising his abilities. He has a great voice, he is wise beyond his years, and he is very pationate when he calls a game. I for one am very excited he is going to be in the booth, and that move is the only thing the DOlphins could have done to soften the blow of losing the maddog. However, I do listen to his radio show every day and I am a fan, so take my glowing review with a grain of salt. :D

TerryTate

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Boog has paid his dues....from being a studio pre-game/post-game host for marlins games to doing play by play, and whenever the marlins play he always does the pbp for them down south for ESPN. He's a good announcer, the color guy will be the real problem with mad dog leaving. Cefalo is a good guy, but he doesnt have the same personality as mandich.

Lando's Folly

Scout Team
Reaction score
'Boog' Sciambi is great. As a loyal Marlins fan, I'm quite familiar with him. I was actually kinda hoping he'd land the job. He'll make a fine replacement (and probably an improvement) for Howard David. Now, replacing Mad Dog is another matter. The only option I can really think of is Joe Rose. But he keeps saying he's not interested in following Mandich (and I can't blame him).

albyfinfan

go fins
Reaction score
listening to Mandich was great and i loved it but boog is preaty good and he is really passionate when calling games. i just hope its not Cephalo joining him couse that would just suck. i'd take jose rose over cephalo anyday.

LOCAL SCUM!

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Roman529 said:
I watch ESPN all the time and I have NEVER heard of this guy!! :confused:

well about 2weeks ago he called a Marlins game on espn TV. He was the voice of the marlins since 97.Came on his 1st year and the Marlins won their first title.
Got his own radio show on 790 the ticket.

Amin

Your Future
Reaction score
Interesting side note...

Joe Rose gave Boog that nickname.

Not sure if they're friends or anything, but I thought that was kinda cool.

Top Bottom