****Jordan Love Super Thread**** | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Jordan Love Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. If they've decided Love is the QB they want, pull the trigger at 5 but I say that only because it's the most important position. I'd have a different opinion if it were any other position. Less we forget Jason "who?" Allen.

You don't take a guy and overdraft just because you're in love with him. If he doesn't belong in range of BPA, except for a QB position. Like you said, don't dk around with the most important position in football even if you think he MIGHT fall to 18.
Absolutely. QB is a whole different proposition than any other position on your roster. QB is the ONLY position I would ever trade up for in the first round.

Just wanted to get some thoughts on this. If this past year was his 2018 year I think he’d be in the top 10. This year he lost a lot of talent at Utah and I think there are some legit reasons for his decline in play.... I love Tua but the injury history makes me hesitant.... and I wouldn’t want to lose picks to move up and get him
i would rather have herbert though.But love would be a good choice as well,chailey loves his qb's to be mobile

Tua maybe the pick, but there are QB's in this draft that could be the answer if the team gets these old farts from behind center, I have seen enough of Jacob Eason, Jordan Love, to believe that if they are coached correctly they could be special and let me throw in Sam Ehlinger into the conversation.
Wow, in the span of 2 posts you go from "I just watched a highlight video of Love and he looks great!" to "I've seen enough of Jordan Love to believe that they could be special."

A lot of research went into that opinion, it seems. 20 TD 17 INT. You'd think all that talent would translate into actual production.

the bottom line Love, Herbert, Tua and Burrow. one of these guy going be good on sunday. it all depend on what team these guy get draft. just because Tua and Burrow were better college qb. does nt mean that Herbert and love cant be better pro qb. dolphins need do their home work and pick right guy or they will be back at it again in 3 to 4 yr.

I am not comparing Marino to Love, I was just making the point that senior season stats don’t necessarily reflect the player’s ability to play in the NFL...

True, but the thing is there is a reason why if you have a bad Senior year, teams still think highly of you.

If Marino had not had the year he did, there is no way he is the last QB taken in 83...in fact anything less then the #3 QB taken would hsve been shocking.

Marino was also thought far higher going into the 82 season, then Love was in 2019, and Dan did not have as bad a season as Love did.

Besides, I am not saying we should not take Love if the big three are gone, I am saying #5 is too risky, but #18 or beyond is fine.

True, but the thing is there is a reason why if you have a bad Senior year, teams still think highly of you.

If Marino had not had the year he did, there is no way he is the last QB taken in 83...in fact anything less then the #3 QB taken would hsve been shocking.

Marino was also thought far higher going into the 82 season, then Love was in 2019, and Dan did not have as bad a season as Love did.

Besides, I am not saying we should not take Love if the big three are gone, I am saying #5 is too risky, but #18 or beyond is fine.

Dan statistically had a worse senior season then 2019 Love... Love threw 20tds and 17ints, Marino 17tds and 23 ints....Love 7.2 yards per attempt, Marino 6.4 yards per attempt, Love completed 62% of his passes for 3400 yards, Marino completed 58% of his passes for 2432 yards etc.... now you also have to take into account Marino’s senior season was almost 40 years ago, but I would bet there were not many draft analysts in 82-83 that thought Marino would turn into the player that he did

I agree witb that Herbert take. Someone will buy in no doubt and it will be early. But there’s some flags there that I’d probably just rather avoid. I don’t think he’s got the pre snap side of things to his game either. To offset some of the other stuff or mask it more.

It will be either proven that it was coaching limitation that held him back in college or it was qb limitation.

I like Jordan loves upside but that’s what it is. Largely upside. Imo

At the same time if someone has him at qb2 in the class I don’t have an issue with it. He’s gifted. And I do think that he’s probably the most moldable qb of all of them.

I still wonder how someone with a biology degree has a problem seeing things pre and post snap. Love has all the tools and enough of an athlete to keep teams honest with his legs. I am scared of Love's maturity and where football ranks in his list of priorities. I worry it will be hookers and blow number one if he were to come to Miami. Tua is still one in my book though. Burrow is two and love, herbert, fromm jumbled together at 3, 4, 5. If love is not a douche then he rises considerably.

Just looking at the next 5 or 8 year window, who has a better chance of being a winning qb during that time frame Love or Marcus Marriota? I know Marriota had his ups and downs with the Titans, but are his odds of righting the ship with his second team that much different than Love's odds of developing into a decent qb during that time? I'm not saying the Dolphins should opt for the Mariotta route, but due to the qb draft attention and big name vets on the FA market someone like Mariotta could be an option for a team looking for a still somewhat young qb, with NFL starting experience and someone who could be had a t a decent price.

I still wonder how someone with a biology degree has a problem seeing things pre and post snap. Love has all the tools and enough of an athlete to keep teams honest with his legs. I am scared of Love's maturity and where football ranks in his list of priorities. I worry it will be hookers and blow number one if he were to come to Miami. Tua is still one in my book though. Burrow is two and love, herbert, fromm jumbled together at 3, 4, 5. If love is not a douche then he rises considerably.
There are different types of intelligence.

Being science "smart", generally means an ability to grasp things conceptually, and retain studied material.

It doesnt, necessarily, mean one can assess a situation, react quickly, and decisively, under physical, as well as mental pressure.

Sure. Though book smarts doesn't mean that he lacks the other manners of intelligence. Who knows.
Absolutely true, but it does put the fact that one has a biology degree in the proper perspective.

There are plenty of MENSA members, that have zero athletic acumen.

Absolutely true, but it does put the fact that one has a biology degree in the proper perspective.

There are plenty of MENSA members, that have zero athletic acumen.
And just the opposite can be true. Dan Marino didn't score well on the Wonderlic test and Lamar Jackson doesn't seem to be a rocket scientist.

Would you off the number 5 pick for Russell Wilson a 3rd round pick or Tom Brady a 6th round pick. How about Brees a late first round pick; Marino #27 pick in the first round.

It really does not matter where you pick them; just pick a good one. Love is talented QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom