****Jordan Love Super Thread**** | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Jordan Love Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree! If our front office thought like most of the posters here we would never win a game
Perhaps you have been living in a cave the last two decades but over that period of time the front office of the Dolphins have done a terrible job. While there may be hope Grier will do a better job going forward, he has been the GM since 2016 and yet the Dolphins just had to go through a complete rebuild.

Blame Tannebaum if you want and personally I never thought Tannebaum should have been hired. Yet Grier has been part of the problem for the last 20 years and I just question if he is the right choice to be heading this rebuild.

I don't know anything about Love so I can't have an opinion except to say that it would be a really cool jersey.

All you guys that think you can wait for a QB just don't understand how this works. If you don't think Love is "worthy" of the 5th pick but he is "worthy" of pick 18 and wait until then, you are going to come up empty at the QB position. There are just WAY too many QB needy teams between pick #5 and pick #18. If you miss on Tua and Love is your next guy, you don't di*k around, and you take him at 5.

Agree. If they've decided Love is the QB they want, pull the trigger at 5 but I say that only because it's the most important position. I'd have a different opinion if it were any other position. Less we forget Jason "who?" Allen.

You don't take a guy and overdraft just because you're in love with him. If he doesn't belong in range of BPA, except for a QB position. Like you said, don't dk around with the most important position in football even if you think he MIGHT fall to 18.

I would love to hear peoples opinions on love especially ones that have studied his play as I am not real familiar with him. From what I have learned he is quite a talent but a project.
Now THAT is a good response. I'm a little too smarmy to be that free willed. Go you!

I Just viewed his video, and kid looks great! great pocket presence, great touch, good mobility, I wouldn't have a problem if he was the 5th pick for the dolphins,

Tua maybe the pick, but there are QB's in this draft that could be the answer if the team gets these old farts from behind center, I have seen enough of Jacob Eason, Jordan Love, to believe that if they are coached correctly they could be special and let me throw in Sam Ehlinger into the conversation.

Jordan love and the number 5...as in it will take the team who drafts him 5 years to realize thier mistake. Thier terrible terrible mistake.

If I am Miami I am offering both Washington and Detroit our 5th and 18th next years 2nd round pick in an attempt to draft Tua. That 5the pick is much more valuable than any other team can offer and will be difficult to turn down. After that I am trading back somewhere in that top 10 range and grabbing Love or some similar if possible. This is a great year for QBs and in other years with a weaker QB class some of these guys like Love and even From would be top 5 to 10 picks. Look Marino almost fell out of the 1st round so all this drafting is a gamble to some extent. Of course if we miss out on Tua for some reason and trade back for Love then why not just grab 2 QBs in this years draft and increase your odds with a Love and From for example.

I can't believe Love would go that high.He looked pretty good at the Senior bowl but not sp great to shoot into the Top 5.He would have to blow away the Combine workout for a team to fall that in love with him.

Some compare him to Mahomes, but he is NOT Mahomes right now.

I like him as a prospect and would be OK with him at 18(if Tua can't be had)but he is a "redshirt" candidate who may need more than one year to be ready.
I think he's more like Dak Prescott. I don't really see the Pat Mahomes comparison, but he does have a live arm, can throw from different angles and has good athletic ability. I think he probably does go top 15, though, based on how many teams need a quarterback. I can't see the Raiders going into the season with Derek Carr. The Chargers have already moved on from Phillip Rivers. Not sure how much longer Drew Brees and Tom Brady will play etc.

I do think it's possible that Miami decides to go in another direction with that #5 pick and then maybe trades back up for Herbert or Love. Could wait until #18 and maybe get Eason or Fromm.

That would be pretty risky considering how many teams need quarterbacks.

am starting to sour based on his pedestrian escapabilty...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom