Jordan Love...undeclare | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jordan Love...undeclare

DPhinz_DPhinz

I cash reality checks....
☠️ Banned ☠️
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
enter the portal...end up at Oregon...go top 5 next season...maybe #1.

Lawrence faced some NFL DB's and future pros on the NFL line and didn't look like the #1 pick.

He is still just a soph. Been in the spotlight a LOT on big games and delivered. Clemson gets so many great prospects they tend to focus on gameday management and execution instead of teaching fundamentals or creating creative schemes around their players strengths so they're raw, but they have talent and high ceilings. They arent maxed out. They tend to make better pros than college players.

Lawrence faced some NFL DB's and future pros on the NFL line and didn't look like the #1 pick.

Is there a such thing as undeclaring in the NFL? I know in the NBA if you declare but don't sign with and agent you can change your mind, but I thought in the NFL once you decared you're in the draft?

Is there a such thing as undeclaring in the NFL? I know in the NBA if you declare but don't sign with and agent you can change your mind, but I thought in the NFL once you decared you're in the draft?
Whatever the case may be...Love looked better against LSU with 1/10 the talent on his side.

& you think Jordan Love would look better? He was hot garbage against the Mountain West DBs this year. He has to go now before he has another down year & completely tanks his draft stock.

Yes, the deadline to declare for the draft is January 17th. The deadline to withdraw from the draft is January 20th provided you haven't signed with an agent or taken any extra benefits (money) from anyone.

& you think Jordan Love would look better? He was hot garbage against the Mountain West DBs this year. He has to go now before he has another down year & completely tanks his draft stock.

Yes, I do think Jordan Love would look better. There is nobody from his team on offense that will make a practice squad, let alone be in a draft conversation. Yet he's criticized for that. When he had at least people who could get their foot in the door for a practice squad, Utah State was ranked.

Jordan Love would have been better in Oregons offense than Herbert. Herbert is good, but he would have been better served on Georgia, where he could hand of to a stud RB and gash prople behind the LBs.

Jordan Love would be better served to transfer to Oregon...instead of going low in the 1st round/high 2nd round.

Not sure going to Oregon is the best idea, that offense did little to show case Herbert's arm talent last year. Think he would have been better served transferring to Oklahoma and working under the genius that is Lincoln Riley. Think Love got a love note from the Colts or someone, he was so quick in his declaration and must be assured that he will go in round one, and I think he's right.

Not sure going to Oregon is the best idea, that offense did little to show case Herbert's arm talent last year. Think he would have been better served transferring to Oklahoma and working under the genius that is Lincoln Riley. Think Love got a love note from the Colts or someone, he was so quick in his declaration and must be assured that he will go in round one, and I think he's right.

Oregon's offense is tailor-made for Love, with the quick out-screen game and the occasional shot.

It wasn't the right offense for Herbert. He would have been better at Georgia were he could take his shots in play-action.

Oregon's offense is tailor-made for Love, with the quick out-screen game and the occasional shot.

It wasn't the right offense for Herbert. He would have been better at Georgia were he could take his shots in play-action.

Did you watch any Utah State games this year? That's exactly what Utah State's offense is. A lot, & I mean a lot of screens & short passes less than 5 yards (as I've documented in other threads throughout the year after the San Diego St, Colorado St, LSU, Nevada, BYU, Wyoming, & Boise St games, haven't watched Kent St yet) with an occasional shot downfield. It's one of my major critiques against him is his downfield accuracy. Plus all this talk about his oline & new offense is BS. He had one of the best olines in the Mtn West. He was not running for his life like some would lead you to believe. Mike Sanford's offense (now Minnesota's OC) is very similar to David Yost's offense. The talent on offense is comparable. Darwin Thompson is the lone difference. Saosi Mariner is a practice squad player as is Savon Scarver (more of a return man). His most damning quality was his decision making vs subpar talent. So he had to leave now while he still has some ppl fooled into thinking they can fix him or else he would be a day 3 pick next year after a possible repeat performance.

Did you watch any Utah State games this year? That's exactly what Utah State's offense is. A lot, & I mean a lot of screens & short passes less than 5 yards (as I've documented in other threads throughout the year after the San Diego St, Colorado St, LSU, Nevada, BYU, Wyoming, & Boise St games, haven't watched Kent St yet) with an occasional shot downfield. It's one of my major critiques against him is his downfield accuracy. Plus all this talk about his oline & new offense is BS. He had one of the best olines in the Mtn West. He was not running for his life like some would lead you to believe. Mike Sanford's offense (now Minnesota's OC) is very similar to David Yost's offense. The talent on offense is comparable. Darwin Thompson is the lone difference. Saosi Mariner is a practice squad player as is Savon Scarver (more of a return man). His most damning quality was his decision making vs subpar talent. So he had to leave now while he still has some ppl fooled into thinking they can fix him or else he would be a day 3 pick next year after a possible repeat performance.

If you had to compare offensive personnel between Oregon and Utah State, which skill positions have the advantage and by how large a margin?

You mention this year's Love throwing to the backups from the previous years. What about when he was throwing to NFL talent? What were his numbers then?

I watched a few Utah State games. In fact I watched the Wake game because they were favored by 5.5, and the LSU game.

He played very well against Wake, and played about as well as Lawrence did against LSU.

If you had to compare offensive personnel between Oregon and Utah State, which skill positions have the advantage and by how large a margin?

You mention this year's Love throwing to the backups from the previous years. What about when he was throwing to NFL talent? What were his numbers then?

I watched a few Utah State games. In fact I watched the Wake game because they were favored by 5.5, and the LSU game.

He played very well against Wake, and played about as well as Lawrence did against LSU.

The personnel at Oregon is definitely better. Oregon's oline was the best in the country; however, they lose 5 of their top 6 olineman to the pros. Would he play better? I have my doubts because he'd be playing against better defenses.

What NFL talent? Jalen Greene is the only receiver on a practice squad. His talent at receiver is comparable to the previous year. His top three receivers caught 20 more passes this year. His top TE also caught more passes.

He played well against Wake except for the three ints he threw that cost Utah St the game. The first int was on an under thrown ball in the end zone in the first quarter which kept at least three points off the board. In the third quarter, a quick out on a predetermined read, was picked off on their own 10. Next play was a Wake TD. Then in the 4th quarter on the last drive, down by 3 & driving, rolling right threw a pass to the sideline & the defender stepped in front for the int ending the game losing by 3.

His last three televised games (New Mexico not aired)...

Vs Wyoming: 7 of 17 on passes 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage. Threw an int on a screen. Later threw into double coverage over the middle which was returned for a TD.

Vs Boise St: 7 of 15 on passes 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage. Threw an int on an out which was returned for a TD.

Just finished watching the bowl game vs Kent St. Easily his best game all year but it was against Kent St. He was 13 of 20 on passes 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage. Only one questionable decision which was on a swing pass to the RB out of the backfield. The RB got hit as soon as he touched the ball & deflected into the air for an int. Other than that, no other throws into double coverage or near picks. Saosi Mariner made a couple nice 50/50 catches. Utah St should have won but poor coaching decisions by Gary Anderson on special teams cost them the game.

His decision making & lack of downfield accuracy all year has caused his regression not his surrounding talent. Not only that he got arrested before the bowl game. I know in society weed isn't a big deal but he's the QB & the leader. BLUF, he is a more mobile version of Jameis Winston & I hope that's not the guy you want at QB.

This is one of the great difficulties scouting QB's in college.

How do you analyze guys like Love and Lawrence who played with such different supporting casts.

Normally the big school guy(Lawrence)gets the nod but we recently saw the Bears over rate the "potential" of Trubisky and pass on Watson to their obvious detriment.

I like Love as a true "prospect", and Lawrence is much more of a known commodity for more reasons than just his teammates.

I doubt there is a single NFL front office that would take Love over Lawrence if they were asked to choose between the two.

The personnel at Oregon is definitely better. Oregon's oline was the best in the country; however, they lose 5 of their top 6 olineman to the pros. Would he play better? I have my doubts because he'd be playing against better defenses.

What NFL talent? Jalen Greene is the only receiver on a practice squad. His talent at receiver is comparable to the previous year. His top three receivers caught 20 more passes this year. His top TE also caught more passes.

He played well against Wake except for the three ints he threw that cost Utah St the game. The first int was on an under thrown ball in the end zone in the first quarter which kept at least three points off the board. In the third quarter, a quick out on a predetermined read, was picked off on their own 10. Next play was a Wake TD. Then in the 4th quarter on the last drive, down by 3 & driving, rolling right threw a pass to the sideline & the defender stepped in front for the int ending the game losing by 3.

His last three televised games (New Mexico not aired)...

Vs Wyoming: 7 of 17 on passes 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage. Threw an int on a screen. Later threw into double coverage over the middle which was returned for a TD.

Vs Boise St: 7 of 15 on passes 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage. Threw an int on an out which was returned for a TD.

Just finished watching the bowl game vs Kent St. Easily his best game all year but it was against Kent St. He was 13 of 20 on passes 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage. Only one questionable decision which was on a swing pass to the RB out of the backfield. The RB got hit as soon as he touched the ball & deflected into the air for an int. Other than that, no other throws into double coverage or near picks. Saosi Mariner made a couple nice 50/50 catches. Utah St should have won but poor coaching decisions by Gary Anderson on special teams cost them the game.

His decision making & lack of downfield accuracy all year has caused his regression not his surrounding talent. Not only that he got arrested before the bowl game. I know in society weed isn't a big deal but he's the QB & the leader. BLUF, he is a more mobile version of Jameis Winston & I hope that's not the guy you want at QB.

Could you post the stats for each game listed?

Afterward, could you discuss the impact a 6th round draft pick could have in the Mountain West? Additionally, would you touch on the effect of a QB losing his 1st, 2nd & 3rd leading receivers and half his offensive line...as Love did.

If nothing else, he's not a half sack away from having a hip replacement.

This is one of the great difficulties scouting QB's in college.

How do you analyze guys like Love and Lawrence who played with such different supporting casts.

Normally the big school guy(Lawrence)gets the nod but we recently saw the Bears over rate the "potential" of Trubisky and pass on Watson to their obvious detriment.

I like Love as a true "prospect", and Lawrence is much more of a known commodity for more reasons than just his teammates.

I doubt there is a single NFL front office that would take Love over Lawrence if they were asked to choose between the two.

I was in the Lawrence camp. I was down for the double tank...until I saw North Carolina giving him holy hell...and an OK TAMU team doing the same.

Lawrence won't be the #1 pick next year...or shouldn't be. He's not better than Fields.

I was in the Lawrence camp. I was down for the double tank...until I saw North Carolina giving him holy hell...and an OK TAMU team doing the same.

Lawrence won't be the #1 pick next year...or shouldn't be. He's not better than Fields.
I predict Fields breaks Haskins 50 tds next season.

Back
Top Bottom