JOSEPH: Glorified Dolphins defense hasn't met expectation | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JOSEPH: Glorified Dolphins defense hasn't met expectation

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
He must have been reading my posts :D

Must agree, In the Minn and NE game, the D was not good. This is a righteous report. Something I've thought about, but didn't post. I was too busy defending my OL and WR comments.:D

This D has the makings of greatness, but haven't proven it yet.

hard to argue w/any of his points :(

on
Do we have to bring up Kevin Faulk's 15-yard run and 20-yard reception in overtime? Is
hopefully Moore can help out there.

I read the same article this morning, and earlier today I said about Joseph's report, what a jack-a**. He's right people, but remember Dave Joseph never has liked the Fins and probably never will no matter what they do right. Even when the Fins were doing good at the beginning of last year, he still was a cynical bastard towards the team. Same with Skolnick, only now he is more of a Fin believer. Wait until they win it all and watch these writers join the bandwagon, speaking good of them then.:fire: :evil:

I guess Joseph went to the same journalism school as Greg Stoda. Perhaps he, too, wrote in Chicago back in the early/mid 90s.

When I first read the title , I figured I would be pissed by the time I finished the first sentence. But honestly , I agree with him 100%. In the past, I gave them the excuse of being on the field too long more often that not because of a poor running game. But last year, obviously that was not the case. Ricky dominated and the D let us down tremendously. I love most of the guys we have on defense but I think they get too nervous during crunch time and lose focus. Thats why I think Sammy and Jr. are just what the doctor ordered. I'm guessing Sammy wins a couple games with interceptions and leads by example. And Jr. will help with his mental toughness . If this doesn't help them from choking in crunch time , I don't know what will.

They do have a lot to prove , and they will prove it.

Originally posted by marcusreal
I read the same article this morning, and earlier today I said about Joseph's report, what a jack-a**. He's right people, but remember Dave Joseph never has liked the Fins and probably never will no matter what they do right. Even when the Fins were doing good at the beginning of last year, he still was a cynical bastard towards the team. Same with Skolnick, only now he is more of a Fin believer. Wait until they win it all and watch these writers join the bandwagon, speaking good of them then.:fire: :evil:

But right now his assessment is correct..until our team proves otheriwse, especially the D.

You know what bugs me about the article?......He barely mentions the aquisition of Seau, like it's some side note or something and not one word about Knight, Zgonina, or Buckley.....he starts off by pointing out all the additions made on offense

and saying we forgot about the defense...

While Dolfans have concerned themselves last winter and spring with beefing up the offensive line, bringing in a second quarterback and getting another wide receiver, they've forgotten that this defense, all pretty and celebrated -- one that many believe has been the strength of this team for several years -- hasn't lived up to expectations.

Ummmm yeah.....he sounds like he's really got a handle on things...:rolleyes:

well, I've said all along that we have the talent but they need to play good on the road as they do at home. Is not a championship defence till they win it all.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom