Josh Sitton | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Josh Sitton

His age is definitely a concern, and injuries happen more as a player ages, but before this past season, he had some injuries but nothing major that forced him to miss significant playing time or dropped off his play.

If it were me, I'd cut him but if he's cut Miami's going to be rolling out some corpses on the offensive line.

I see the upside, but still can't justify his cap number based on last year's production.

As for next years oline, draft and fill. Try to build that line on youth. Sitton may have a place, but that money isn't defensible. Just another bad contract.

I think we keep him. We aren't signing anyone and jeopardizing our comp picks. It's not like we'll use the money saved so it's not a reason to cut him. And if he plays well we can even trade him mid yr

We are not buyers this year and next year we will have over 120 million in cap. Can’t get rid of everyone. Need to field a roster. Keep him.
All ready need right tackle and center sucks.
Maybe move Davis to right tackle. Keep Kilgore to mentor young guard. We are not tendering brendel. He is gone. Need bodies

It seems like most people have resigned themselves to the fact that we will be cutting Sitton. I was originally on board with that idea. But after seeing some of these massive contracts being doled out, in particular Saffold getting 44 mil, Im starting to have second thoughts.

Considering we clearly arent even going to be players in free agency this year (thankfully) do we really need to save 9 mil that badly? On the off chance that hes healthy we get an elite guard for a very reasonable salary. Even if we get 12 games out of him it would be well worth it. And again, worst case scenario were out 9 mil that we likely dont need anyway this year. Yes I know there is rollover, but theres also the possibility for a compensatory pick if he has a good year and gets another solid contract.

The potential to have him and Tunsil manning the left side can immensely help prevent another disaster of an Oline like weve seen so many times in the past. I know everyone wants to tank, and so do I in a sense, but theres a thin line between "focusing on setting up for the future at the expense of the present" and "becoming a dumpster fire." Its hard to build a foundation if your line is so bad that the offense cant even begin to function. Weve seen that story. We cant rebuild the entire Oline in a year. Now that James is gone we have 4 unkowns. Thats a dangerous position.

Anyone else agree or is the tank fever too heavy?
Being we have him on our roster for another year, I'd keep him and draft a bunch of OL to groom for next year. We'll have to keep some vets around. The market right now is CRAZY. Even if we do release him, I can't see us signing another FA, unless he's dirt cheap. He obviously isnt a long term solution just a stop gap. We can't replace everything we need in one draft.

Hes a keeper... cutting him is meaningless for the cap. We aren't in need of the space.

Well according to Jackson and Armando they plan on releasing him- but maybe they change their minds after James left.

Clearly, we will be spending a one or a two on an offensive lineman... We need upgrades at both RT and RG. Having a solid vet for one more year might keep our young QB from getting killed.

Also, if they are looking at center early, he could mentor what will be a key pick/player

I would try to trade him for a pick instead of cuttting him. 5th or so sounds about right.

Not sure he has value that would be more intriguing then what he could bring to the table under his current contract playing for this team. Does that make sense. Like is a 7th rd selection more valuable then the experience and leadership and manageable contract he brings to the table. Sorry I got off work and its been a winding downward spiral into ridicously baked state.

Back
Top Bottom