Jr Griffey does a 180 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jr Griffey does a 180

ih8brady said:
I'll put it this way, he could have been the best ever instead of a HOF player. Maybe I shouldnt have hyperbolized him earlier, but I think he'll end up being remembered as great but nowhere near the alltime greats.

Is it his fault he got injured?

This is an insane stance to take. I don't know what Griffey did to you? The guy was and still is a great player. He got some serious injuries. And he still has produced with these injuries.

He will be the 4th player in MLB history to hit 700 home runs. If that isn't going down as one of the best ever, then I don't know what is. Really. I don't understand your logic.

FiN.in.RI said:

please tell me how. Im dying to hear this.

it isn't like he has had minor injuries, tearing a hamstring going hard after balls. I don't see that being his fault or something you can prevent.

MikeO said:
please tell me how. Im dying to hear this.

it isn't like he has had minor injuries, tearing a hamstring going hard after balls. I don't see that being his fault or something you can prevent.

Nah I was just pullin your leg.. He is very, very injury prone whether it's his fault or not and age will only increase his injury risk. Playing only 200 out of about the last 500 games isn't really good. If the Yanks get 'em then they have a great hitter when JR is healthy and not in a slump. Griffey was my fav player until he got traded to the Reds..

Bernie Williams will be re-signed by the Yankees, mark my words. If they were going to get rid of Bernie after the season Beltran would be roaming in center for us right now!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Bernie Williams will be re-signed by the Yankees, mark my words. If they were going to get rid of Bernie after the season Beltran would be roaming in center for us right now!

ANOTHER hired gun?? Damn, don't you Yankee fans learn anything..

As far as Griffey goes, the Yankees can have him, he's washed up just like the centerfielder you already have.

You'd be better off with Bubba Crosby roaming center :lol:

FinsNYanksFan13 said:

No. Because they didn't want to pay Bernie for a year and Beltran on top of that. Which is why they let Beltran go.

Bernie isn't going to be resigned. This is probably his final year in MLB.

FiN.in.RI said:
Nah I was just pullin your leg.. He is very, very injury prone whether it's his fault or not and age will only increase his injury risk. Playing only 200 out of about the last 500 games isn't really good. If the Yanks get 'em then they have a great hitter when JR is healthy and not in a slump. Griffey was my fav player until he got traded to the Reds..

With that short porch in right field and being able to DH and play Center going back to the AL is the perfect fit. Probably why he now wants to go to NY.

NY has NEVER said they wanted him. The story I linked was Griffey saying he would accept a trade to NY. NY has never said they wanted him and they probably don't now. Unless George wants someone to get their 700th HR in pinstripes.

MikeO said:
Are you nuts! HOF possilby? The man has 500 HR's and got there faster than anyone ever.......even with all of his injuries!

He wasn't missing time because of drugs or off the field issues. HE WAS INJURED! :shakeno:

And if you think he is a jerk, go find his 9/11 story. A firefighter died in WTC. The guy was a huge Griffey fan. Had all of his stuff, and a shrine to the guy in his house. Griffey heard about this guy. The first game back he hit a huge home run, then called the mans wife the next day. And then he flew the guys kids up for the all star game that year put them up in a box and had them chasing fly balls in the home run derby and he flew them up for a bunch of other games and spent a ton of time with the kids. Wasn't asked to do it, did it on his own!

Really nice story Mike :)

Bernie will be in center for the Yankees as long as he plays, I'll live by that statement. I heard that story about Griffey by the way, that's class!

MikeO said:
After years of saying he would never play for the Yankees........Griffey Jr is saying he would now accept a trade to the Yanks if it was proposed to him.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/story/294940p-252525c.html

With Bernie Williams contract up after this season and the Yanks not going to re-sign him, I wouldn't be shocked if Griffey is in NY come 2006. They are the only team that would trade for him and pay that crazy contract. Cincy would be happy to let him go and get almost nothing in return just to not have to pay the final 3 years and $38 mill left on his deal.
This just in... after doing the 180 griffey hurts himself again and will be out for 3 months

A few years back (like 6 or 7), a good friend of mine was in an online gaming clan with Griffey's cousin. Griffey heard about my friend and had him come up to his house in Orlando to hang out and set up some computers in the house. My friend said it was a day he'll never forget. Great guy. Good stories.

One time we were sitting at the house watching TV and my friend's phone rings. It's Ken Griffey Jr. and he's walking into the ESPY's. For guys like us living in a small town, it was pretty surreal. :lol:

Thats bad ***... I always thought he sounded like a nice guy.
Muck said:
A few years back (like 6 or 7), a good friend of mine was in an online gaming clan with Griffey's cousin. Griffey heard about my friend and had him come up to his house in Orlando to hang out and set up some computers in the house. My friend said it was a day he'll never forget. Great guy. Good stories.

One time we were sitting at the house watching TV and my friend's phone rings. It's Ken Griffey Jr. and he's walking into the ESPY's. For guys like us living in a small town, it was pretty surreal. :lol:

Bernie will be in center for the Yankees as long as he plays, I'll live by that statement
Bernie will be in center for the Yankees as long as he plays, I'll live by that statement

Bernie Williams has been washed up for two years now.
He doesn't hit .300 anymore...as a matter of fact he hit 40 points below his career average before 2003.
He can't play CF anymore...and his arm is a TREMENDOUS liability to the Yankees.

You know what, come to think of it, I hope that he does stay the Yankees CFer for a LONG time.:roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom