JT National Commercial Man now | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JT National Commercial Man now

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I saw the commercial last night and had to look twice, I first caught it out of the corner of my eye and then had to look hard because I couldn't believe it, but there was JT, in a towel around his waist, talking about Neutrogena...He's gonna get a ribbing from his team mates on this one..:lol:

Here's a link to an article about it.

Dolphins defensive end is a Neutrogena man

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
I saw the commercial last night and had to look twice, I first caught it out of the corner of my eye and then had to look hard because I couldn't believe it, but there was JT, in a towel around his waist, talking about Neutrogena...He's gonna get a ribbing from his team mates on this one..:lol:

Here's a link to an article about it.

Dolphins defensive end is a Neutrogena man

This sucks.

JT is a truly great player, but the last time he had this many distractions was in his sophomore season when he played like crap after a great rookie season.

Great, right after I said it I saw it again. :( They keep on showing it on ESPN News so avoid it unless you want to see Jason Taylor rubbing himself with soap.

Give me a break. $10 says he has another outstanding season.

Somebody just has to go tell Jason that the word is... that he's spread himself too thin, and that his kid's first memories are gonna be of his daddy having a sh*t season. Then RUN.

(Aside: Sorry, but he has to be Jason, not JT. James Taylor has dibs on "JT" in my world no matter HOW MUCH I love our man Jason.)

Originally posted by Muck
Give me a break. $10 says he has another outstanding season.

Great post, Muck

Why would I as a Fin Fan bet against Jason Taylor?
Someone that I think is a great player?

In light of Taylor's history you have no concern whatsoever?

Here is a reminder of 1999, courtesy of Pro Football Weekly

"Biggest Disappointment -
DE Jason Taylor had appeared to be on the verge of greatness, but his play fell way off in ’99. Taylor did not make many big plays, and his sack total dropped from nine in ’98 to 2½ this past season. "

Do I think he will have a bad year? No
Am I a little bit concerned? Yes

I really think all of you who are predicting doom and gloom as a result of JT (yes, he is JT) doing a commercial are really overreacting. Think about it, he and Zach did a commercial last year and he set a 'Fins single season sack record and lead the league in that categorie. He's also grown a whole heck of a lot since his sophomore season so the concern may be a bit misplaced here.

Besides, Dan Marino was constantly doing commercials and he constantly out produced all of his peers so let's let this one go shall we?

Originally posted by Expo88
I really think all of you who are predicting doom and gloom as a result of JT (yes, he is JT) doing a commercial are really overreacting. Think about it, he and Zach did a commercial last year and he set a 'Fins single season sack record and lead the league in that categorie. He's also grown a whole heck of a lot since his sophomore season so the concern may be a bit misplaced here.

Besides, Dan Marino was constantly doing commercials and he constantly out produced all of his peers so let's let this one go shall we?

No one predicted doom and gloom.
I hope he has a great season, I think he will.
Also, it was his third season, that was my initial mistake.
He had a great rookie and sophomore season and then disappeared in 1999.

But we are talking about more than one commercial here. We have read about overseas trips and weddings and now this Neutrogena crap.

It reminds too much of a season where he disappeared and the Fins lost 5 of 6 down the stretch

I think Jason Taylor will have a great season, but I still don't like seeing Jason rub himself with soap. I bet 10 bucks that during training camp Jason gets made fun of the most for that commercial.

Originally posted by zachseau13

Great post, Muck

Why would I as a Fin Fan bet against Jason Taylor?
Someone that I think is a great player?

In light of Taylor's history you have no concern whatsoever?

Here is a reminder of 1999, courtesy of Pro Football Weekly

"Biggest Disappointment -
DE Jason Taylor had appeared to be on the verge of greatness, but his play fell way off in ’99. Taylor did not make many big plays, and his sack total dropped from nine in ’98 to 2½ this past season. "

Do I think he will have a bad year? No
Am I a little bit concerned? Yes

Taylor is a much different player than he was in 1999.

JT also had a busy offseason prior to the 2001 season. And he followed it up with his best performance to date (before taking it to yet another level last year). For the first time, JT became a big force against the run as well as a complete player. Finished with 86 tackles, 9 sacks, an INT, a fumble recovery. A TD.

While I'd rather him be at home, I am not concerned.

As for the betting comment, it's just a figure of speech.

He's just paying the bills. Good for him.......Hes the type of guy that can get away with this because he sets the bar for other players. Nuf Said...

I think Taylor is a great DE, but what really worries me now is something he said after he got back with Zack from visiting our troops overseas and did an interview for FinsTV. I quote him, "You know, us tackling people for a living doesn't make us warriors. The war in Iraq is the real war that these guys fight." I am pretty sure that is what Taylor said. My point is, will Jason still fight like a warrior during the football games with the same intensity he did last year? or, is his vision marred by with what he heard and saw over there? Help with opinions!

Back
Top Bottom