JT wants dave... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JT wants dave...

Phinzone

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I want dave gone..not because i hate him, I think he's a nice guy. But I don't think we can win with him. It really bugs me to think that we have vets on this team that may ruin our chances of getting a neaw coach....

Jason wants Wanny

Look at the last 2 paragraphs.

that wont be as bad as fiedler coming back as the starter.:mad: i really think if dave does come back this season has woke him up as far as fiedler is concerned

Originally posted by Rick 1966

That isn't self evident at all.

Nothing is apparent, but when you have veteran leaders on your team saying that they want to keep their coach, the owner will listen. It's not like Jay Fiedler going out there and lobbying for him, JT has nothing to gain by speaking up for Wanny.

I truely don't think we'll be a legitimate contender next year anyway. What I AM scared about, is having Dave at the helm of htis years draft and flopping AGAIN. It is soooo deep in QB talent. We have 3 QB's coming up in the draft that could go #1 in any other year, along with others whtat would be high on the draft list others years that get bumped down because of this. It's VERY deep, and getting a QB this year would come relatively cheap compared to other years. We won't need to give 5 picks away for a #1 QB.

I can tolerate Jay another year I think, as LONG AS WE DRAFT A legitimate Rookie, and leave it open to him coming in towards the end of the season. Jay is a caretaker, I've always seen him in this role. Problem is he hasn't been a caretaker, he's been our #1 man...which he shouldn't be. But if we have a young rookie, and Jay's at the right price, I will accept him as a caretaker.

As for wanny.......I like the guy, he's a nice guy, but a bad coach. I wonder if JT and ZT will fold on another coach if wanny leaves...we can't have that either. Any way you look at it, next years going to be dicey. Either we'll have the same old but HOPEFULY have a few young guns from the draft, or we'll have a completely new coaching staff.

Neither are a good recipe for Super Bowl contention.

It doesn't surprise me that these players want Wannstedt to stay. He lets them walk all over them. Players don't want to be disciplined, they want a players coach, and Wannstedt is one. They like Wannstedt because he is a nice guy, but you shouldn't be a head coach because you are nice. Wannstedt is a players coach but he is not a good coach, and that is why he needs to go.

I think Wanny is gonzo....Huizenga says that he has already made his decision on whether or not Wanny is staying or going regardless of tomorrow's game....i would think this would mean that he's gone because if they were going to keep him why wouldn't they come out and say it.....theres nothing to really gain by keeping that a secret.....i would think it hurts the team more by not coming out early saying wanny's coming back......the only thing that would hurt the team more is knowing the coach is definitely gone.....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1694759

Originally posted by Graythreat

Nothing is apparent, but when you have veteran leaders on your team saying that they want to keep their coach, the owner will listen.

No, that doesn't necessarily follow at all. It's not as if Taylor has a SB ring to wave at Huizenga to prove his accomplishments. If Taylor doesn't like the new head coach, he could find his butt traded.

Back
Top Bottom