June 1st closing in | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

June 1st closing in

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
We are about 20 days away until the big day in the free agent period. I cant wait to see do we keep Rogers, and have the depth at LB we have lacked for so long. Does an OT that could come in as a starter get released that we can go after?

Most importantly do we get the guy all of Miami hopes will be the first Dolphin super bowl winning QB since he father 31 years ago. Lets say we get Brian. I know Dave has hitched his wagon to Jay, but how long can he hold Norv's prototypical pro bowl QB on the bench. Lets face it Brian is a carbon physical copy of Troy and Brad, 2 QBs that found alot of sucsess under Norv.

Now lets flip the coin who could prevent us from getting Brian. Of course Dallas still doesn't have a QB. Carolina could actully be my biggest concern about stealing Brian from us. They have the brightest furure of any team needing a QB, and they probably have the biggest need for a franchise QB. The only other team I can think of is Arizona, but I can't see why any QB would want to put that preasure on them selves.

I see this Griese thing dragging out for a few weeks, creating the annoying "Sammy Knight" like threads that have taken over the boards. Mid June or so, just enough time to drive us nuts.
I'd like to see the Fins pick up a LT to start and keep Rogers for LB depth and sign Griese.
Who really knows what they'll do?

Originally posted by Hellion
I see this Griese thing dragging out for a few weeks, creating the annoying "Sammy Knight" like threads that have taken over the boards. Mid June or so, just enough time to drive us nuts.
I'd like to see the Fins pick up a LT to start and keep Rogers for LB depth and sign Griese.
Who really knows what they'll do?

I think Griese and the Dolphins will want to resolve the issue quickly so Brian can participate in the QB Schools/Mini-camps in June.

Keeping Rodgers, signing an OLT along with Griese and Knight looks unlikely for salary cap management.

Originally posted by DannyNoonan

I think Griese and the Dolphins will want to resolve the issue quickly so Brian can participate in the QB Schools/Mini-camps in June.

We all think that, but will they? Don't count on it because if other teams become players in the BG sweep stakes it could very well drag out.

the longer he goes un-signed anywhere, the less likely he becomes a starter anywhere. look for him to get the deal done as quickly as possible, unless there becomes a bidding war.

Couple things.

Do not look for the Griese thing to drag out. His own agent said that he will have something resolved very quickly and that he generally likes to move within 24-48 hours. Griese will probably be a dolphin within like 12 hours of his release IMO

Another, don't look for us to do much June 1st other than sign Griese.

And one last thing, Griese is NOT the typical Norv QB. He's not a Troy prototype nor a Brad prototype. Both of those guys had very strong arms, strong enough to throw the out pattern on a rope and accurate deep. Griese does not have that kind of arm.

Look for Griese to be signed on June 1st or June 2nd. The Phins will want him to attend the June 3rd mini-camp, which is the last mini-camp before training camp begins.

Phins Phan

Plus,the Golf tournament is soon and they need someone to drive the beer cart

"prototypical pro bowl QB on the bench. Lets face it Brian is a carbon physical copy of Troy "

Prototypical probowl QB and a carbon copy of Troy ...Wow I don't know how can you come up with those conclusions.Damn Denver is mus be really torn apart with the desicion to release Perennial probowler QB.Miami is about to sign a perennial probowler QB that Denver was dumb enough to release.

:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by minus
"prototypical pro bowl QB on the bench. Lets face it Brian is a carbon physical copy of Troy "

Prototypical probowl QB and a carbon copy of Troy ...Wow I don't know how can you come up with those conclusions.Damn Denver is mus be really torn apart with the desicion to release Perennial probowler QB.Miami is about to sign a perennial probowler QB that Denver was dumb enough to release.

:rolleyes:

If you are going to quote me at least quote me right. I never said that. I siad he is a carbon physical copy of Troy and Brad 2 qbs that had great sucsess under Norv. Not once did I mention pro bowl. I disagre that Brian doesn't have the big arm. From everything I have seen from him he has a cannon. At the very least he has a lot stronger arm than Jay. He also has the size to easily throw from the pocket. One of Jay's biggest problems is he would put to much air under his passes to get by the LOS to make up for his height disadvantage.

The knock on Griese coming out of Michigan was that he didn't have a strong arm as CK pointed out...Not very accurate on the deep ball...Very good QB in the short and middle passing game

However from the couple Bronco games i have seen Griese has been able to hit on those long bombs...He has improved his arm strength and accuracy...
The only thing that worries me is his inconsistency...He gets rattled very easily and starts getting into funk...Then he might make poor reads,or try to squeeze the ball between two defenders...
It will be interesting to see if he has matured and toned down his act, enabling him to compete for the starting spot...

"prototypical pro bowl QB on the bench"

that hilarious ....First off if Griese has a cannon than Jay Fiedler has cannon because basicly have the same arm strength and you can make an argument on either side for having slithly better arm.Griese more consistent with his long ball?I can agree with you there base on what I saw from his 10 game probowl season.How can you compare Troy Aikman to Griese?Brain Griese is not any better than Fiedler at this point.Can he get his act together and show that he is not a one year wonder remains to be seen.I'm not saying Jay fiedler heads and shoulder ahead of him but Griese at this point is not better than Jay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by minus
"prototypical pro bowl QB on the bench"

that hilarious ....First off if Griese has a cannon than Jay Fiedler has cannon because basicly have the same arm strength and you can make an argument on either side for having slithly better arm.Griese more consistent with his long ball?I can agree with you there base on what I saw from his 10 game probowl season.How can you compare Troy Aikman to Griese?Brain Griese is not any better than Fiedler at this point.Can he get his act together and show that he is not a one year wonder remains to be seen.I'm not saying Jay fiedler heads and shoulder ahead of him but Griese at this point is not better than Jay.

My bad I did say pro bowl, but wasn't referring to Brian Greise by himself. I was referring to the size and style that Brian posseses, and Norv Turner's sucsess similar QB. Griese fits Norv's style much better than Jay does. Right now Grise isn't any thing more than a player that is about to get released, but before Norv got his hands on Troy and Brad you couldn't say much more for those guys either. With Feidler and Flutie Norv never took the training wheels off of his offense. It will be interesting to see what he does with a big pocket passer back there.

Back
Top Bottom