June 1st closing in | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

June 1st closing in

Originally posted by Dajesus

He also has the size to easily throw from the pocket. One of Jay's biggest problems is he would put to much air under his passes to get by the LOS to make up for his height disadvantage.

Dont quite see how being 6'2 is some serious height disadvantage. Is that inch that Griese has over Fiedler going to make that big of a difference? Just b/c Fiedler does his best work outside the pocket doesnt mean he is undersized.

Gannon doesn't have a strong arm, either... but he still managed to win a league MVP. The thing that interests me about Griese is that he has signed Rosenhaus to be his agent. I know Rosenhaus has a lot of Florida ties, but he also gets his clients lots of $$$$... Rosenhaus has already been quoted that Griese should be starting next year, so wherever he goes, I'd be surprised if he doesn't ask for starting QB $$$$.

Originally posted by SoCalRaider
Gannon doesn't have a strong arm, either... but he still managed to win a league MVP. The thing that interests me about Griese is that he has signed Rosenhaus to be his agent. I know Rosenhaus has a lot of Florida ties, but he also gets his clients lots of $$$$... Rosenhaus has already been quoted that Griese should be starting next year, so wherever he goes, I'd be surprised if he doesn't ask for starting QB $$$$.

Then Griese is S.O.L. because our starting QB doesn't make starting QB $$$$, does he?:confused:

Everyone forgets that until Denver's WRs all went down hurt, Griese was putting up stellar numbers, setting team records (yes Elway's) and going to the Pro Bowl. Denver loses both WRs and the team as a whole got much worse. Brian got sacked with the blame that he couldn't be "Elway like" and carry a crappy team into the Super Bowl.

If they could have figured out how to stitch "Scapegoat" on the back of his jersey it would have been a more appropriate name.

He was a star in college and then he was a star for three years in the NFL. What changed? It was not Brian Griese. It was the Denver Broncos. And they made him the sacrifical lamb. Funny. Shanahan the supposed "genuis", sucked as the Raiders coach. He only won with Elway at the helm, and hasn't had control of this team since. He and Brian Billick were cut from the same mold. Medicore coaches in genuis clothing.

C'mon down to Miami Brian. Norv will show you how to use that pedigree and talent to bring Miami back ot the pinnacle of Pro Football.

Its the circle of life baby.

guys, why are you all starting this already?nothing that you guys say will matter to Wanny...I happen to think that we can win with Jay and that we can win with Griese too. I'm just happy that we won't have to count on Lucas to win for us. Lets at least wait till the damn season starts before we go crazy over the QB situation.

Originally posted by fin-atic
Everyone forgets that until Denver's WRs all went down hurt, Griese was putting up stellar numbers, setting team records (yes Elway's) and going to the Pro Bowl. Denver loses both WRs and the team as a whole got much worse. Brian got sacked with the blame that he couldn't be "Elway like" and carry a crappy team into the Super Bowl.

If they could have figured out how to stitch "Scapegoat" on the back of his jersey it would have been a more appropriate name.

He was a star in college and then he was a star for three years in the NFL. What changed? It was not Brian Griese. It was the Denver Broncos. And they made him the sacrifical lamb. Funny. Shanahan the supposed "genuis", sucked as the Raiders coach. He only won with Elway at the helm, and hasn't had control of this team since. He and Brian Billick were cut from the same mold. Medicore coaches in genuis clothing.

C'mon down to Miami Brian. Norv will show you how to use that pedigree and talent to bring Miami back ot the pinnacle of Pro Football.

Its the circle of life baby.

He had one good year but like I said at this point you can't sit here and say Griese is better.Personally I wish the Fins draft QB for the future but if Griese turns it around then I wouldn't mind seeing Griese step in for Fiedler next season if Fiedler doesn't perform well.

I am saying I think Griese will be better. I think he has more talent. Only time will tell. But he is our best option out there.

But more than my belief in his abilities, I just don't believe Jay is able to go the next step.

So we should look at our best option and make it a competition. best man wins.

Originally posted by fin-atic

So we should look at our best option and make it a competition. best man wins.

I don't have a problem with competition.Is Drew Griese agent?..

Originally posted by minus

I don't have a problem with competition.Is Drew Griese agent?..

If Drew is, it all makes sense now why Drew has been saying the things he has about Griese and Fiedler. I bet if he's not Griese's agent he's looking to get Griese under his tent so to speak.

Oliver...

Come on guys, I mean really...whaddya think? That he's going to promote someone who's not his player. I left Miami because of people like him. Shady....

Originally posted by chicago dolphin
Come on guys, I mean really...whaddya think? That he's going to promote someone who's not his player. I left Miami because of people like him. Shady....

Man you aren't kidding. But Miami is not the only city with that problem. :D

Oliver...

Back
Top Bottom