June 1st News & Notes | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

June 1st News & Notes

phunwin said:
We haven't cut D.Bowens yet. The article says "possibly cutting". I imagine they haven't made up their minds on cutting him, that's why he's still around, at the moment.
You beat me to it ...

yea but i would think that someone younger than stussie would be better. no doubt do we need to think about bringin someone in to challenge tillman cuz im not really sold on him but saban already asked him to step up and be a leader on the team so i dont think he wants to bring in someone like schulters who would be an instant starter, i know that kinda sounds dumb but tillman is young and i think saban is trying to mature a young group of players around these vets. and as for gardner, i think he is too pricey for the depth that we already have, we have 3 pro bowl calibar rrecievers with some young guys in there, gardner i think would cost too much to be a 4th option at WR. what do you guys think?

i cant see the skins cutting Barrow, since they dont have anyone to take his place.

the 2 lineman from TB are old, but may have 1 year left in them.

good infor though.. :D

Stinchcomb is still young and was a former first round pick. At 6 ft 6 and 310 pounds, he has good size as well. He can also play ackle and Guard if Im not mistaken. However, hes been a bigtime underachiever througout his career.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133423

Stuessie is past his prime, I believe

MelbournePhin said:
the 2 lineman from TB are old, but may have 1 year left in them.

stinchomb will be 28 in june

good point. i know a few teams that could use a good O-Lineman for a year or 2.

also:
but you do know about the "quote" button at the bottom right hand corner of the post, right.

just hit that and start typing, and you wont have to cut and paste. :D

ch19079 said:
good point. i know a few teams that could use a good O-Lineman for a year or 2.

also:
but you do know about the "quote" button at the bottom right hand corner of the post, right.

just hit that and start typing, and you wont have to cut and paste. :D

thats what i usually do

albyfinfan said:
read all the way in at the bottom,... i dont know why the fins waited so long to cut D.Bowens.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/8523574

We havent released him yet. The only main point of releasing a guy after June 1st is the cap relief. Bowens doesnt have a dead cap hit, like stated in the article, so we really can take all the time we want to release him. There are no negative salary cap implications.

Personally, I think he was a GOOD DE last year, he is just overpaid. I wouldnt be suprised if he signed an extension which cut his salary down. We only have Holliday for 1 year and Roth is still young. Although Bowens is small for a DE, he was a good DE for us last year and worst becomes good depth.

I think in Sabans defensive scheme, DEs will be very important. Having a good #3 guy like Bowens could be beneficial in the long run.

chuckcole said:
You beat me to it ...

That is where you fail, Hokie. ;)

Steussie is old, slow, past his prime and couldn't block me at this point. Other than that, he's a great pickup. Stinchcomb...eh, I dunno. Tampa Bay's line was terrible last year. If he can't hack it there, I'm not sure I want him here. We've got enough guys with plenty of potential and not enough production on the OL.

Philter25 said:
We havent released him yet. The only main point of releasing a guy after June 1st is the cap relief. Bowens doesnt have a dead cap hit, like stated in the article, so we really can take all the time we want to release him. There are no negative salary cap implications.

Personally, I think he was a GOOD DE last year, he is just overpaid. I wouldnt be suprised if he signed an extension which cut his salary down. We only have Holliday for 1 year and Roth is still young. Although Bowens is small for a DE, he was a good DE for us last year and worst becomes good depth.

I think in Sabans defensive scheme, DEs will be very important. Having a good #3 guy like Bowens could be beneficial in the long run.

There certainly is a reason they havnt released him. You knew they saw some value in him when he refused to take a pay cut and still stuck around. They have the cap room so if you think he could contribute why not keep him around? I always thought of Bowens as an outside linebacker.

Philter25 said:

Holliday is is signed through 2006, at that point I think Roth will be a STAR! We have Roth as a back up right now and could get someone next year to take his spot if Holliday is released and Roth moved to starter. As I see it 2+ million is way to much to be paying a backup.

Back
Top Bottom