June First Cuts, Who would you want to pickup? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

June First Cuts, Who would you want to pickup?

I think Bryant would be a reasonable fit. He was disappointing in Arizona, but he is a body and the general skillset to fit in depth on our D-line.

We need some more depth at 6'4" 285+ pound D-linemen. We've got Kevin Carter, Vonnie Holliday, and Kevin Vickerson. That's three players, two of whom will likely be on the field at all times.

Wendell Bryant hasn't had any work ethic really and has just slumped every year. It would be nice if he came here and became a solid player. It's possibly offcourse, but unlikely.

Jaj said:
Wendell Bryant hasn't had any work ethic really and has just slumped every year. It would be nice if he came here and became a solid player. It's possibly offcourse, but unlikely.

Right. Definitely worth a shot. Can't hurt..?

Pretty much yes he is worth a shot. He's a good one-gap DT prospect still. Not that old. He needs to work hard, get stronger, and be willing to learn. It's not all that hard in my mind, but he hasn't done it in Arizona.

Disgustipate said:
I think Bryant would be a reasonable fit. He was disappointing in Arizona, but he is a body and the general skillset to fit in depth on our D-line.

We need some more depth at 6'4" 285+ pound D-linemen. We've got Kevin Carter, Vonnie Holliday, and Kevin Vickerson. That's three players, two of whom will likely be on the field at all times.
The lack of a big man to clog up the middle scares the hell out of me! Is Traylor the answer or do we need to shop a pick to find someone younger?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I say sign McQuarters and maybe Schulters. I don't know much about Bryant, but if he can come cheap, he might be someone good to help give our DT position some depth.

I might stand alone on this, but I hope we hang onto David Bowens at least through TC. Kevin Carter will most likely be seeing a lot of time at DT and not DE. Backing up Jason Taylor is Matt Roth, but if we cut Bowens, who is going to backup Holliday on the other side? You think Flemons is good enough to cut Bowens?

Man, you gotta hand it to those Cardinals. Two of their last four first round draft picks are on the chopping block. What a brilliant scouting department they've got.

Jokes aside, I wouldn't mind bringing Bryant in. He probably won't amount to a pitcher of warm spit, but his talent was never an issue, maybe this would be a wakeup call for him.

Schulters would be a nice pickup, but he'll want too much money.

Gofish1331 said:
The lack of a big man to clog up the middle scares the hell out of me! Is Traylor the answer or do we need to shop a pick to find someone younger?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

We're pretty much stuck like we are. There aint a whole lot of Nose Tackle out there on the market. There are teams in worse positions then the Dolphins at the position, too. Look at the Jets, all they have at the position is a rookie 3rd rounder. All the Cowboys have is Jason Ferguson. And so on.

If we end up with just Traylor, it's worrying but we're by no means up shiat creek. If we end up with Traylor and Chester, we're in good shape. If by some stroke of luck Bowens gets better too, then we're in great shape at NT.

Wendell Bryan isn't even a NT guys so don't get your hopes too high on him.

Bobby Taylor seems very worth it to me to bring him in as a safety prospect. Right now we've got Travares and Tebucky and they both have talent and that's great but Travares seems real chancy to me, and I am not happy with our depth (Yeremiah Bell and Tony Bua).

painnotpleasure said:
Nah, actually Suggs went a little earlier... but they did draft Pace ahead of McGahee and yes... it does suck for them. :tongue:

Actually they did take pace over suggs...they had the opportunity to draft suggs but decided to trade down

Boone said:
CB - Bobby Taylor is he worth a look-see?

Yes and no. He's not a bad corner but he's nothing great. He was pretty good with the Eagles but just by being on the Eagles D it made him look alot better than he is. If he wants to come for the right price then bring em over.

I really don't care just as long as we get a quality qb which is unlikely, a Fb unless ricky or ronnie is going to play there, DT, Safety, and O-Line; you can never be to safe with our O-Line, but most likely the dolphins will get McQuarters which I want

Back
Top Bottom