Junk threads | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Junk threads

DisturbedShifty

Peace out
Reaction score
Phinz brought a good point in a thread earlier. There seems to be a trend of people starting threads and then not participating in their own threads. Maybe threads like this, in the main forum, should be moved if the origins poster doesn't participate after about a week. I would also base it off how often they post.

Here's an example. So User X posts a thread in the main forum bitching about GMs. He has been a member for five years, but only has 223 posts. The thread stays alive on the first page for a week, but only because of other member posts. User X hasn't been seen for a week. So the thread is either locked or moved to spam.

Just a suggestion. Please add any ideas.

In a perfect world, all of our members would be extremely active. However, it's just not the case.

I'd say that if a topic is relevant and active - then it belongs in the discussion.

-my $12.58 (.02 adjusted for inflation)

In a perfect world, all of our members would be extremely active. However, it's just not the case.

I'd say that if a topic is relevant and active - then it belongs in the discussion.

-my $12.58 (.02 adjusted for inflation)

While possible I'd also say **** that. If someone is going to create a thread that is vile or a knock on the team yet they disappear from it, I like Shifty's idea.

if a thread is active, it really doesn't matter if the op is a participant. If it's clearly a spam thread, it'll get moved, but as far as killing threads and topics, we try to do that very sparingly.

Junk threads

Ya know, with the Fins collapse juxtaposing some worrisome health issues, the last thing I needed was a paid 9-6 weekday shill hypocritically running down the Fins and its promising QB while never owning up to all the gifts received, shortcomings, failures, chokes and ineptitude of its team and slurpee QB. Figured I'd, and some of the rest of us, by responding would be giving a troll credibility where none was warranted through hits responding to the kind of negative one-sided BS that on his own forum would have gotten him banned within a few days of those shenanigans.

If I'm any inspiration, anecdotally-speaking, life has been better when we keep it real by ignoring "junk threads" instead of helping a paid troll spread its garbage. (still wish there was a way to "ignore" quoted text)

fvg45z-1.jpg

I think we all know where this thread is directed... I agree. especially when there are countless of the same threads or the same thread but questions asked in different ways started by the same poster. Clogs up the forum and pushes better thread to the bottom of the barrel before they are even seen by some.

Back
Top Bottom