Just a Feeling. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just a Feeling.

His Dudeness

Practice Squad
Reaction score
my opinion ofcourse.. is merely an opinion...

we'd like to trade out of #2 of course, and i think if we stay in the top 10 or so.. we're targeting a RunningBack, Ronnie Brown if he's there.. The only logical moves to me, are the 3 RB's or 2 Wr's. A Fact of the draft is 1st rd. qb's are successful 30% of the time. (quote by saban). Aside from that, in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, unless some miracle player drops so far, the positions i see us targeting are Linebacker perhaps WR and maybe Safety. We've got some good FA D-linemen, so that won't be a primary target, and we have good enough corners. we are very thin at Safety and LB.

needless to say, i would be shocked if we drafted a QB on the first day.

i wouldnt be shocked. I could see Orton, Frye, Campbell or McPherson in the 2nd or 3rd round. If not then id deffinetly look for Walter or Orlovsky in the 4th

i said first day. not at all...

look, we are a rebuilding team with a lot of needs, why bother taking what will probably be a backup Qb.. an AJ feeley type most likely.. in the second or third round?! whats the point! unless you know he's the guy.. don't bother!

no qb is a sure thing. You have proably about just as good of a chance with taking Frye or Orton or whoever and having them develop as you do with Smith or Rogers. Both of them came out of no where this year to become the top QBs. Orton and Frye have been talked about for the past couple of years you know they weren't one year wonders. Also you said we are rebuilding, So why not rebuild with a young rookie QB who can develop with our offense?

Finfan86 said:
Also you said we are rebuilding, So why not rebuild with a young rookie QB who can develop with our offense?

the chances of doing so are so slim. who in the league was a 3rd or 4th rd. pick, who developed and became good with his team? Tom Brady is all. 1 out of a million.

His Dudeness said:
i said first day. not at all...

look, we are a rebuilding team with a lot of needs, why bother taking what will probably be a backup Qb.. an AJ feeley type most likely.. in the second or third round?! whats the point! unless you know he's the guy.. don't bother!

maybe you don't wanna bet a high pick on a QB cause his chances of being a franchise guy is 50% or less while a WR or RB are easier positions to evaluate and predict if the guy is gonna be a stud so you can spend a high pick on him.
You won't miss so much a later pick if the qb picked turns out a bust.

If you need a QB real real bad like SF, i guess it's worth the bet. We're not 100% comfortable with AJ and Gus, though we're not desperate too. We can look at that more seriously next year if AJ cannot improve. just my hell opinion

i agree with you, but right now we're in a position where we need to treasure our picks. i dont think we'll take a qb in the first 3 rounds... if saban sees one of those 2nd tier qbs slip to early 4th round... yea, then its a situation we'll investigate.

don't know what sabans thought..personally I don't like picking Qb's too early unless it's a top prospect plus a need, though to find a good one too late "a la brady" i guess it's kind of impossible too..it's wait and see
IMO at our situation, from rounds 2nd to 4th are the considerable positions to pick a QB, depends who slips

Mark Brunell, Jake Plummer, Brian Griese, Aaron Brooks, Drew Brees, Chris Simms, Josh McCown. Are all 2-4th rounders. There are some good QBs. Also just because lets say there was never a good QB to coem out of the 2nd round(hypethically) whats to say that this year won't change that? I hate how people use history to say a player will be good or not when in reality it doesn't affect that player at all. If you don't take a chance on a QB in teh 2 or 3rd round how do u plan for us to get our future QB? we just gonna stumble apon one out of thin air? WOuld u like us to sign a over the hill veteran? or lets get a 6th round QB?

Back
Top Bottom