"just a finfan" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"just a finfan"

corona683

Active Roster
Reaction score
i'am a 38 yr old woman of color from Roch, NY 80 miles from Buff. I've been a finfan since 1970 when i was 6 yrs old. My mother is from Toledo, OH and her mom is from Tenn , so football has been passed down for 2 generations, i also have a twin brother who of course back in the days was a Buff fan, But what i loved about the fins and still do is , they were and are DESTINED for greatness. I was a fan b4 they went 17- 0 and was happy when we won the SB, but ( i was 8 yrs old), and could'nt understand how special it was to be perfect.... I do now, and thats important to alot of other finfians, but something is different this yr.. Its in the air, that special feeling is back again and i cant put my finger on it but something tells me, they're going this time ,its for real, dont let the passing game, rick not gettin 100 per game deceive ya. It will happen, just be ready when it does... ;)

I hope you are correct. I want to know how it feels to have my favorite football team win a championship.:)

God Bless you Corona. We must have started watching around the same time, same age (I was 8 or 9 at the time too).

of course we are, but i get alot of flack being a woman of color and a finfan.

carona, i am just like you sweetheart (although not colored, but i was in a former life):D i am 38 and have been a fan since the fins went to the superbowl against dallas and bet a quarter against a dallas fan in the second grade.

and i have total faith. ricky will break soon and it may be this week and it will defenitly be next week on monday night football. i also think seau makes this Defense better.

HAha. We know how OLD you two are. :tongue:

Good call corona683, we're all pulling your instincts to be correct. I'm planning on going to the Bills game, will you be there?

Haha, I'm 18 and wasn't even around when the Fins had the perfect season. I'll consider myself the new generation. Don't let my age fool you into thinking i'm not a huge football nut. I love everything about the Fins and try to understand everything about the way they play football (stategically). When we do win the Lombardi Trophy it will honestly be one of the best moments of my life. I too feel we have the most potential we've ever had to do just that.

Corona683 - thanks for the positive post. It's stuff like that which makes coming to this board worthwhile. I know you are right this year. I have been a fan for over 30 years as well. You definitely can feel it in the air....

Originally posted by corona683
of course we are, but i get alot of flack being a woman of color and a finfan.

Stand tall and proud.... you shouldn't be getting any flack for either....

Back
Top Bottom