Just a little something about McMicheal | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just a little something about McMicheal

rhadaddy

Who's your daddy?
Reaction score
I caught this little piece on ESPN insider, it's nothing we all don't know, but this is the slowest sports month of the year so...

Randy McMichael, TE, Dolphins - While first-round tight end picks like Jerrame Stevens of the Seahawks and Daniel Graham of the Patriots were struggling to adjust to life in the NFL early last season, McMichael was forcing defenders to adjust to him. He may have lasted until the fourth round of the draft, but that was because of an especially deep tight end class and questions about his blocking ability, but he quickly proved himself as a receiver in his very first pro game, catching four passes for 73 yards and scoring a touchdown. His 12.4 yard average per reception is higher than many wide receivers in the league, but his production tailed off badly when Jay Fiedler went down to injury and was replaced by the erratic Ray Lucas. Then the grind of the longer NFL season started to wear him down. This year, the Dolphins have upgraded at the quarterback position by bringing in Brian Griese, and have added new plays to the offense specifically for McMichael. They also plan on keeping him on the field more. All of that adds up to him seeing a significant jump in stats in his second year.

Thats cool, thats basically what I've been saying in my preseason analysis for Ask the Commish. McMichael should have top 5 tight end production this season, possibly top 3. The only guys I expect to see more action are Gonzales and Shockey...and I expect that dude in Baltimore I already forget his name should probably be on the even level with McMichael.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
and I expect that dude in Baltimore
Tood Heap - another 1st rd pick

McMichael could be the Zach of our draft on O, i.e. a huge steal in the 4th

Originally posted by dolphan39
Tood Heap - another 1st rd pick

McMichael could be the Zach of our draft on O, i.e. a huge steal in the 4th

I believe we got Zach in the 5th..

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

I believe we got Zach in the 5th..
i meant McM looks like a huge steal in the 4th

Well it would be good to see..

how he adjusts to his second year. I remember him being so motivated because he was picked in the fourth after like six or seven TE's before him. Man he had a chip on his shoulders and something to prove. Hopefully he can harness some of that same motivation... I would really like to see him as a all pro TE.

Too bad Freeman didn't turn out to be another Zach....5th rounder.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

well at least he's not in the category of the Otis Leverettes and Josh Huepels that were so notoriously known for picking in the late rounds of our draft of our recent years,

I liked Heupel. I thought he could have been a good third stringer. He did have an arm.

Randy also put to rest any qualms about his blocking. He did a bang-up job last year in that department.

Originally posted by Prime Time
I liked Heupel. I thought he could have been a good third stringer. He did have an arm.

Umm...no he didn't. :lol:

Heupel's windup looked like Justin Timberlake serving a tennis ball.

clear.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Muck
Randy also put to rest any qualms about his blocking. He did a bang-up job last year in that department.
He opened up some holes for ricky last year, if he continues to improve he will be a great TE

Back
Top Bottom