Just a quick note: Sage re-signs with Fins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just a quick note: Sage re-signs with Fins

I hate the word resign. What genius came up with a word that can mean both somebody staying around and somebody leaving?

Resign And Re-sign

Jimmy James said:
I hate the word resign. What genius came up with a word that can mean both somebody staying around and somebody leaving?

I agree. Every time I see that word, I cringe. When it's spelt resign, it's somebody leaving. When it's spelt re-sign, it's somebody staying. People need to start using the correct context of the word.

Jimmy James said:
Haha, yeah, I totally agree. There's a big difference between Wannstedt resigns and Wannstedt re-signs.

Jimmy James said:

Hey Jimmy it was my fault, in my haste I forgot to put the - between the re and signed. Now I feel like an idiot. It is fixed (I couldn't change the thread title though). :D Mod note: You can't change it, but your friendly neighborhood mods can. I touched it up.

I know this seems like a silly question but with Sage re-signed does anyone think we might not draft a QB in the later rounds..like a Kent ot Lorenzen?? Was that even an option to begin with? Just tossing out some ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Justasportsfan said:
I guess ya'll can forget about drafting Rivers.
we forgot about Rivers when they signed Feeley. Spielman and wannsuck need to win now, they can't wait 1 or 2 years for Rivers to develop. Sage is the 3rd string, one of the local radio talk shows hosts qouted the players "don't sleep on Sage". besides, we need OL NOW!

It looks like Rosenfels will be waterboy for 1 more year :D. But no joke though i think that Speilman should really looked at Rosenfels at being our starting QB before trading for Feeley.

Last edited by a moderator:
Noodle Arm said:
Hey Jimmy it was my fault, in my haste I forgot to put the - between the re and signed. Now I feel like an idiot. It is fixed (I couldn't change the thread title though). :D

I wasn't trying to call you out -- I have actually seen this in lots of places this way. In fact, I'm not so certain that re-sign has to have the dash in it to mean what it means. I was really just complaining about my mother tongue...

Mind if I ask why we signed Sage to a contract? He is the third string QB, and has never gotten a sniff at starting any game. The coach and FO seem to have no confidence in him, so why not grab some other QB prospect and let him develop? It won't be like Sage is going to save our season if it comes to him starting anyway.

The #3 QB spot should be for guys that seem to have potential. I'm not saying Sage doesn't, but he has done nothing since he got here to impress the coaching staff. I wish once again that Sage had started the Jets game end of last season. It would have given us some idea of what he could do. Hey, we are giving Feeley the shot after FIVE games played. At least Sage might have been deemed worthy of being the #2 QB, and we could cut Jay and saved the cap space.

Back
Top Bottom