Just a thought, but since we're an AFC opponent... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just a thought, but since we're an AFC opponent...

-81- McMichael

Active Roster
Reaction score
... and Green Bay has a pretty commanding lead in their division to suffer a loss... how much would they really care/risk (as in Favre) to win this game if, say, they should find themselves trailing early (like, 13-0 or 17-0 or something).

Personally, I think that since the least important tie-breaking stat is extra-conference record, I'd bet Green Bay eases up on this one in the 4th quarter... IF they should happen to be trailing.

In any event, it seems to me this game means far more to Miami than Green Bay.

Anyone else think this is an advantage?

I disagree. The Packers aren't playing for a Division Championship, they pretty much have that locked. Every game is very important, we learned that last year. The Packers have the best record in the NFC (and league) right now at 6-1 and they don't want to lose any ground. They want home field advantage in the playoffs. Lambeau Field in January is a beautiful thing. Last year we finished 12-4 and only got one home field game at home. The Pack lost a game at home during the year against the Falcons that they should have easily won and another in Tennessee that they should have won. They thought the games were gimmees and didn't show up to play. It cost them in the end. I think they will remember that and play hard. Besides, Favre does not let up, he would play to win if his left arm fell off. The Packers have a shot at a championship this year, and they have never lost a playoff game at home in their 83 year history. They will play hard. Mike Sherman likes to tell the players that they play 16, 1 game seasons. Every game is important.

Originally posted by Favre4MVP
I disagree. The Packers aren't playing for a Division Championship, they pretty much have that locked. Every game is very important, we learned that last year. The Packers have the best record in the NFC (and league) right now at 6-1 and they don't want to lose any ground. They want home field advantage in the playoffs. Lambeau Field in January is a beautiful thing. Last year we finished 12-4 and only got one home field game at home. The Pack lost a game at home during the year against the Falcons that they should have easily won and another in Tennessee that they should have won. They thought the games were gimmees and didn't show up to play. It cost them in the end. I think they will remember that and play hard. Besides, Favre does not let up, he would play to win if his left arm fell off. The Packers have a shot at a championship this year, and they have never lost a playoff game at home in their 83 year history. They will play hard. Mike Sherman likes to tell the players that they play 16, 1 game seasons. Every game is important.

im surprised that no packer fans are not a little worried that favre is not his ussual self. that injury really had him worried when it happend. now the docs say it is not 100% ready and lean toward not playing him, which is your coach said he follows the docs to the tee. favre is practicing satruday for the first time, just to see if he can go. i say, either way, favre will not have it easy and favre can be beatin! last year was living proof. the pack hasnt really played anyone that good and won so im wondering why you are so confident that the above poster is not so right?

i wouldn't count on green bay letting up. who wants to let up when the rest of the league is watching? that's when everybody wants to show something. i don't know anything about what the doctors are saying, but i'd bet that favre will play if he can walk. he's that type of player. personally, i'd rather have the 'phins play against the best. even if they lose, it'll make them better.

Well, looking at the standing of GB right now there is no way in hell that they'd be willing to risk Favre for the season for this game. He may play, but if he starts to take a beating via our defense then I see a new QB.

Thats what I'd do at least. Favre is great, no doubt about that. But I wouldn't risk him either.

Favre will play, I don't know how effective he will be but he seems like the type that if he is blatantly in pain or blatantly hurting the team, he will step aside. He is the best qb in the game today (behind Lucas of course...lol). As long as he can stand and throw he will be in though. However, I too would like to test Miami against the best and not some second tier players. I mean sure you can beat up on second tier players, but what does that really prove? Are you listening Buffalo fans? (cough Miami gam Cough). Sorry I got a Buffalo wing stuck in my throat, I started to choke..then again, Buffalo is used to choking....

:hail: me and my witty banter! ZING!

Back
Top Bottom