Just a thought... SF takes edwards | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just a thought... SF takes edwards

scenaria

Wheres the hookah?
Reaction score
I was thinking about this...

If SF knows Smith doesnt want to sign with them (as in he is asking for too much $) and SF perhaps originaly wanted Rodgers... Knowing that Edwards is in demand... and no one wanting to trade up to their slot (not because of being afraid of losing Edwards but rather everyone believes SF is taking a QB) In other words the others are calling SF's bluff...

I would think this might be a smart move for them.... SF takes edwards... the vikings/red skins begin trade talks with SF for edwards... SF moves down to the 7/18 picks from vikings or the redskins picks... Rodgers will more than likely still be available at the 7th pick...

think they are going to take the gamble? They would end up with their original player they wanted PLUS an extra 1st round pick and maybe more

this leaves us with smith

scenaria said:

If SF knows Smith doesnt want to sign with them (as in he is asking for too much $) and SF perhaps originaly wanted Rodgers... Knowing that Edwards is in demand... and no one wanting to trade up to their slot (not because of being afraid of losing Edwards but rather everyone believes SF is taking a QB) In other words the others are calling SF's bluff...

I would think this might be a smart move for them.... SF takes edwards... the vikings/red skins begin trade talks with SF for edwards... SF moves down to the 7/18 picks from vikings or the redskins picks... Rodgers will more than likely still be available at the 7th pick...

think they are going to take the gamble? They would end up with their original player they wanted PLUS an extra 1st round pick and maybe more

If SF takes edwards, then we will either take Smith or trade back with TB IMO.

I think Gruden wants Smith at #2 overall. If they trade up, we'll get their pick at 5 overall, plus their 2nd and 3rd rounder.

I just don't see SF taking a WR with the #1 pick. I still think they're planning on Rodgers and have just been bluffing with all this talk about Smith. I think they need to get a QB to try and get their franchise back on track.

but looking at how far aaron can fall.. why not take some risk and hope you can work a trade with edwards for a lower pick where aaron might still be available and cash in on some extra picks ontop... I know its a risk but its pretty likely aaron could still be there at 5, 7 or even the 9th

The 9ers need a QB and they can,t take a chance on missing out on Smith. I don,t see them going WR, its just a bad year to be picking number 1.

That is the same reason Miami should take him.

Its been popular around here to bash Braylon Edwards lately.....

But there is a reason that he is the most coveted player in this draft.

HVACservice said:
That is the same reason Miami should take him.

Its been popular around here to bash Braylon Edwards lately.....

But there is a reason that he is the most coveted player in this draft.

Sigh.....even though Edawards might be the most able to contribute right away our need at receiver is not quite as urgent as a QB that might be cut next year or RB that is non-existent on the team. So this is a reason why Miami SHOULDNT take him.

The only problem with banking on a trade for San Fran is that if you take Edwards with the sole intent of trading him, teams like Minnesota may not be as interested as everyone thinks they are and tells San Fran to keep him. Then, San Fran is stuck with a player they don't want, or they trade him for less than they wanted.

That could be a potentially fatal blow to Nolan's coaching career there before a game even gets played.

scenaria said:

Yes I posted the same thought a couple days ago.

Back
Top Bottom