Just an idea.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just an idea....

dolfan87

The Human Bullet
Reaction score
I had a brainstorm (or maybe it was a brainfart, you tell me) on this whole idea of having 53 premium members.

Since we all like being the original 30, we can do something kind of cool for us.

There are 22 total starters on the team. However we have third and fourth WR's, and also nickle CB's ect.

What if we take every current premium members name, and drop it in a hat. We then pick the first name and that member gets to pick a current Dolphins player. Then pick the second, third...ect ect until all thirty are picked. Then for the season, that member IS that Dolphins player.

We could have the players stats, player of the week (voted on by the peasent Fin Heaven members ;) ) player of the Month, and season MVP.

For player of the week we could assign 2000 points. For player of the month, a Fin Heaven shirt, and for season MVP, I will personally give away a signed Dan Marino 8x10, and a Starting Lineup Marino figure from 97.

I think that would make us still feel special, as we are the "Starting 30"

Your thoughts?

That is a REALLY good idea... it will certainly be something we can do to make things more exciting... definitely something to think about...

Hey AJ.... sorry I wasn't around the last two days... I had technical difficulties with my home PCs, and their willingness to access the internet... :(
All is good now though....

I like that idea. Sounds good to me. As long as I don't have to be the punter

No, I would make some of the senior administrators and Mods take the bottom 8 slots.

However Mare, and Trent Gamble, whoever is the number three receiver...all those positions can make HUGE impacts from week to week.

Originally posted by dolfan87
No, I would make some of the senior administrators and Mods take the bottom 8 slots.

However Mare, and Trent Gamble, whoever is the number three receiver...all those positions can make HUGE impacts from week to week.
i resemble that remark! the bottom 8 slots indeed!:tongue: :D

I had been thinking of something pretty similar, but more oriented toward raising additional revenues on an ongoing basis. Wish I had written it up sooner...

Anyway... we have one of the graphics wizards around here put together a cool looking Dolphins' jersey icon that can carry any number from 00 to 99. It would be attachable to any messages posted by the finheaven member with the "rights" to it.

Then we allow any member interested in a particular jersey number to nominate the number for auction. We do a nifty little stuck-thread auction, and the number belongs to the high bidder for one year (upon receipt of payment).

Then I get the money. Or FinHeaven, -- whichever one you guys think is more deserving.

Originally posted by Phan4Ever
I had been thinking of something pretty similar, but more oriented toward raising additional revenues on an ongoing basis. Wish I had written it up sooner...

Anyway... we have one of the graphics wizards around here put together a cool looking Dolphins' jersey icon that can carry any number from 00 to 99. It would be attachable to any messages posted by the finheaven member with the "rights" to it.

Then we allow any member interested in a particular jersey number to nominate the number for auction. We do a nifty little stuck-thread auction, and the number belongs to the high bidder for one year (upon receipt of payment).

Then I get the money. Or FinHeaven, -- whichever one you guys think is more deserving.
that sounds good too!:up:

Back
Top Bottom