Just An Observation | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just An Observation

Cranx

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Of our three RB's that played tonight only one of them didn't have over a 4 YPC average: Ricky Williams. I know it's only preseason and he did have on series where he got 16 yards on 3 carries but I'd sure like to see a 4 YPC average for him some time soon. Thoughts?

I would like to see him average 4 ypc but his career average is 3.8 ypc.....Does any one know what was Ricky time in the 40 yard run out of collage?

Well, if it were a real game, you would have seen Ricky pounding that tired defense in the fourth quarter for solid gainers. That's what Norv had Emmitt do in Dallas. Sometimes he'd only have 35 yards at halftime. Then at the end of the game, you look at the box score and you see Emmit with 114 yards or something.

Another thing to ponder is that Norv has yet to open up the playbook. The Texans had 8 men in the box. And we still ran right into it for the most part. But did you hear when we'd execute those beautiful play fakes?? That's whats gonna open things up for Ricky in the regular season. They'll throw it early and make the D back up.

I expect Ricky to get his 4 ypc this year.

Maybe. Historically Miami RBs do not do over 4 ypc. Even when Lamar was good.

Tonight he should have averaged more than he did however he got a bunch of runs on 3rd and 1, and on X and Goal. Those runs bring your average down considerably.

Originally posted by Muck
Well, if it were a real game, you would have seen Ricky pounding that tired defense in the fourth quarter for solid gainers. That's what Norv had Emmitt do in Dallas. Sometimes he'd only have 35 yards at halftime. Then at the end of the game, you look at the box score and you see Emmit with 114 yards or something.

Another thing to ponder is that Norv has yet to open up the playbook. The Texans had 8 men in the box. And we still ran right into it for the most part. But did you hear when we'd execute those beautiful play fakes?? That's whats gonna open things up for Ricky in the regular season. They'll throw it early and make the D back up.

I expect Ricky to get his 4 ypc this year.

oh yeah!!:fire: abd dud you notice that mcmicheal dint get sqaut? norv has been hiding that hidden gem like a pair of ruby slippers from the wicked witch of the west!:lol:

Maybe he doesn't want McMichael to start up with his aerial tactics until the regular season when it actually helps us win games...because it can lead to injury. Would be a terrible shame if we already know enough about the guy to make him a starter...and we give him plenty of opportunities ANYWAY enough to where he tries a high-flying stunt against the Texans and gets taken out on a cart because of it...

OR.......maybe the Texans gameplanned for McMichael and took him out of the game, which could have opened things up for Konrad.

I just don't know. I haven't SEEN the game yet. But hopefully I will tomorrow night.

One more thing:

Dixon mentioned the fact that they were having success running against the Texans three 300 lb defensive lineman. Those guys were a load. And Dixon said that if you can run on those guys, you're doing pretty well.

True. Case in point. Right at the beginning of the game, the radio announcers said the Texans were showing a FIVE MAN defensive line.

We ripped a gaping hole right through the middle of it and Ricky gained 7 yards.

LOL FF54 I was thinking the same thing... nt

Originally posted by finfan54

oh yeah!!:fire: abd dud you notice that mcmicheal dint get sqaut? norv has been hiding that hidden gem like a pair of ruby slippers from the wicked witch of the west!:lol:

Back
Top Bottom