Just average?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just average??

SoFlaFan

Armchair QB
Reaction score
I've been suffering from withdrawal as I see a few others have as well. Anyway, part of my recovery is coming to accept certain truths. Did we ever have a shot? Was it not "meant to be"?? Or are we just a plain AVERAGE team? Is there some sort of curse losing in December that costs us Super Bowl dreams and in the case of this year the playoffs themselves?? What needs to be done to get rid of such a curse? We thought it was a running game, we GOT one... no results. Is it just not meant to be?? I'm afraid part of the problem is everywhere else, we are just an average team in a league full of average teams. I've come to accept that and can only hope a healthy offseason can change that.

What still troubles me is with all the "talent" we gathered, were we always meant to be just an average team? Are we doomed to repeat it? Thanks for hearing me out and helping the healing process!

Average? Average??? VAN sound the alarms. Come on man we aren't average...I just think you aren't going to recover until Training Camp begins. We have talent at almost every position...we just need a QB ( I really like FIEDLER...I am a supporter, but we need next year to find a QB with an arm...trade a 1st rounder...I dont care. Not now....next year. ) Miami has talent....we just didn't have the heart to finish games...it is a coaching problem and it will be addressed.

I'm not chicken little here. I point out that we're average because of offsetting circumstances. We clearly have above average starters in quite a few positions (RB, DE, 1 CB, 1 ILB, SS). There are plenty of positions we have just average starters (QB, OL, WR). This is not helped by the fact we have below average depth in other areas (OLB, CB, C, FB, QB). The above average starters are offset by the below average backups leaving us at average.

Back
Top Bottom